Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 LastLast

Re: Stuart, FL To Racine, WI On A 60MY

Quote Originally Posted by Freeebird View Post
    Made it into Racine around 7 and just got back from a nice dinner with Dave and a couple of his friends. Trina wasn’t able to make the last leg of this trip, but I couldn’t have asked for better travel companions for what became a 30 day run. The boat ran flawlessly.

Now it’s on to Cheboygan to pick up Robby & Brenda’s 53MY for a return trip south. It’ll be nice going DOWN the rivers for a change. Will pick up a rental car and head their way in the morning. Stay tuned for another thread on that trip, coming soon to a forum near you.
    I for one will be following, difference between up stream and down stream.

Quote Originally Posted by Dazed338 View Post
    I for one will be following, difference between up stream and down stream.
    It’ll be UGE!!
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

This thread is a strong contender for HOF thread of the year. I really looked forward to reading the updates, problems, and solutions. Well presented, well written, and well cast.

Look forward to the next one.

Thanks Randy.

Bruce
    Freestyle
    1986 62 CPMY (54MT with ext)
    Tampa

Like ^^^

Dave and I were just discussing the magnitude of this trip and how few issues we had. We were running 12-15 hours a day, and gensets (alternated between the two) ran constantly when we weren’t on dockside power. We did one oil change on the mains while en route.

Having to rebuild the lower helm (bad seal) was the only mechanical issue we had. Pretty impressive, and a testament to how well this boat has been maintained, and how well Dave prepared it for the journey ahead. It was just a great run.
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

I met up with Randy when the boat was in Stuart. The boat is mint and as close to a new 30 yo boat as you could get. Dave got himself a real beaut.
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present

Should I switch to fathoms too?
    You could, we've got more water than we need right now.

Are you taking the southern or northern route to get to Robby? Going over the top is a nice trip and you'll get to cross the Mighty Mac.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Quote Originally Posted by SKYCHENEY View Post
    You could, we've got more water than we need right now.

Are you taking the southern or northern route to get to Robby? Going over the top is a nice trip and you'll get to cross the Mighty Mac.
    It was a pretty drive up from Racine. Robby just picked me up where I dropped the rental. I haven’t looked at the charts for the northern route, but I’m thinking that would be our best bet on a number of fronts. Wisconsin is way better than Michigan with all the CHINA-19 crap.

Besides, it would be nice to see Willy and Pat again, and I’m sure Dave and Trina are missing me already.
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Just finished some of Brenda’s fine cooking. I think we’ll shoot for Frankfort tomorrow. If the situation calls for it, we’ll call it a day at Charlevoix. I don’t see much going across the top, so we’ll probably cross over to Manitowoc, then Racine, and then down to Sunset Bay again.

I’ll stop talking about this trip on this thread and start another one. Gotta come up with something catchy.
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

It was a pretty drive up from Racine. Robby just picked me up where I dropped the rental. I haven’t looked at the charts for the northern route, but I’m thinking that would be our best bet on a number of fronts. Wisconsin is way better than Michigan with all the CHINA-19 crap.

Besides, it would be nice to see Willy and Pat again, and I’m sure Dave and Trina are missing me already.
    I was talking about the drive.

For the transit south, you could go to Beaver Island, then cross to Sturgeon Bay, WI. But I like your idea to go to Frankfort. That's a long day from Cheboygan though.

In Frankfort, stay at Jacobsens.
    Last edited by SKYCHENEY; 06-01-2020 at 07:54 PM.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Thanks, Sky. We’ll head out at first light and see how things play out. I figure we’ll have decent protection from those south winds tomorrow. I’m guessing we’ll call it a short day in Charlevoix, but if the boat and R&B are still happy, we’ll keep on chugging to Frankfort.
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93