Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast

Re: Stuart, FL To Racine, WI On A 60MY

Don't worry. I am certain that with enough speed you can make it under that bridge.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

I’ll back under it and break the arch free. Hope the Hatt doesn’t hurt the bridge.
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Got the arch down with no damage. Lots of work with a Fein tool and a big crane. Arch is on the fantail and secure. Will be casting off soon and hoping for more lock luck.
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

...if you had to pick one power tool to do everything, it would be a Fein multitool. They are amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Freeebird View Post
    Got the arch down with no damage. Lots of work with a Fein tool and a big crane. Arch is on the fantail and secure. Will be casting off soon and hoping for more lock luck.
    Pics please .
    CRAZZZY NUFFF

Only made it to Harborside Marina, thanks to the late start and a UGE delay at Dresden Lock. It’s windier than dammitt! So windy that a tow couldn’t get into the lock with his second set of barges. We had to dodge the first set entering the lock, then it was dodging him and the second set exiting the lock.

The trawler ahead of us obviously wasn’t prepared for the brutal wind and current while squeezing through that hole, and he damn near took out the port side of his boat. Speed is your friend in such situations, and I was expecting that near miss when I watched him enter the lock. He cleared by mere inches when his boat went sideways while leaving.

A couple of pics of the now archless/mastless Beenaghetto. I’ll share the story about that name later.
    Attached Images
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Quote Originally Posted by jim rosenthal View Post
    ...if you had to pick one power tool to do everything, it would be a Fein multitool. They are amazing.
    I bought the DeWalt equivalent and wasn’t impressed. Took it back after a few hours of cussing.
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

I have the Dremel version, works great. Much cheaper than a Feintool. It can make some amazing cuts. What else have they been keeping from me?
    JMooney
    61 MY 1983 #341
    “Jerrie”
    Miami , FL

Harbor Freight cheapo helped me remove all of the rotten coring and other scuz from the foredeck so I could install coosa..
    Regards
    Dan

The dremel multitool my primary go to tools. With a carbide blade it will cut anything. Can’t be without one.
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat