Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast

Re: Stuart, FL To Racine, WI On A 60MY

Quote Originally Posted by SKYCHENEY View Post
    We pulled the arch off first (along with some fiberglass).
    Would you do it differently if you had it to do over again?

I’m thinking cutting it in place would guarantee no such damage, but I’m not sure how difficult it would be to hold the arch in place while cutting it.

EDIT Your arch is a lot different from this one. No choice but to cut this one where yours wouldn’t have to be.
    Last edited by Freeebird; 05-28-2020 at 07:11 AM.
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Made it to Starved Rock with zero delay, but the dang lock doors are broken. Got them working long enough to get us in the chamber, but now they won’t close. You’ve gotta love it!
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Y'all havin to much fun. A night in a lock is a new one for you.
    CRAZZZY NUFFF

We are officially trapped in this dam lock! LOL

Hell, I have to laugh! They managed to close the doors behind us but lost power afterwards. No doubt we’re safe in here! Maybe we can have another pizza delivered!
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Years ago we used to give the lock tenders a case of beer, ask them for some of it back. We used to get great treatment when they heard us on the radio asking for lock down river or up river. Best of luck.

This is not about being mistreated, it’s about the dam lock being broken with us trapped inside. This whole facility was underwater a few days ago, and I’m sure that’s playing havoc on the electrical systems. They’re working on it, but God only knows when we’ll get out of here.
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

This reminds me of when we were coming across Florida and headed to the Myaka Lock to cross the lake. All sorts of chatter on the radio about people wondering when it would open up again. We were committed to crossing the lake and the state, and too far to turn back to Indian town. There were boats tied up between the pilings as we approached the lock. Something about a breaker being bad or some other electrical fault.
    BUT-

I had my cell data plan and hit some web sites. All of the fed web sites said the locks were running! I called and spoke with some of the higher-ups and one of them said he had heard nothing. He stated that the locks had never failed during his tenure.

As we approached the lock, the lockmaster answered our hail and said, is that you freedom? I said yes it is. He opened the lock doors and we waltzed through followed by all of the other boats that were tied up.
    As we passed through (both side were open since the level was even) the lock master gave me one of the nastiest looks I have ever received.

Eff'm.

Dirt bag was lazy and didn't want to interrupt his tasks to let the boaters through. We all may have sat there for days.
    Regards
    Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Boatsb View Post
    How much fuel do you carry?

It's weird to thing of such a long stretch of navigable river with no fuel available.

Maybe I'll buy a fuel barge and make a killing up there. $1 per gallon delivery fee. Minimum 250 gallons.
    Or........
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Freeebird View Post
    Got back to the boat Monday and got a late start out yesterday morning. Spent the night on the hook which had a hard time staying put, but we didn’t go too far.

Looks like we’ll have to literally cut this arch off the boat. Long story, but it just wasn’t meant to come off after some previous work by the PO. We’re talking 5200 and fiberglass. No biggie as it needs to be hinged anyway, but this isn’t the best time or place to be doing such things. Any suggestions for this part of the world would be welcomed. Dave is making calls before our service runs out again.
    Wasn't that on the to-do list before heading out? Already thought it out on buddies Four Winns, lost a light on the river up here. Added radar last year, so tight ones are more the a cheap light, I know my Hatt won't come close to fitting.

FINALLY made it out of that lock and was able to put Marseilles behind us as well. Came into Spring Brook Marina a while ago and have a 7:30AM appointment to have them look at the arch. Hopefully they’ll be able to pop that puppy off so we can be on our way. Otherwise, it could get... complicated.

Stay tuned.
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93