Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Re: Stuart, FL To Racine, WI On A 60MY

And the river bow mustache is always nice to clean up. Good luck on the trip.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Yep, she'll have a good one when we get her home.

Just checked the lake level for today, and it stands at 5.40'. I'll let Dave make that call, but the factory specs show 4'11". No doubt the old gal will be loaded with fuel and water along with the typical liveaboard load plus 30 days of supplies for this trip. Might be doing a little keel polishing on the west end if we tried at that level.
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Quote Originally Posted by SKYCHENEY View Post
    And the river bow mustache is always nice to clean up. Good luck on the trip.
    If it's anything like the "Chesapeake Smile"...... this stuff worked like magic for me.
    Attached Images
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

My transduce is located under the VIP head. I'm not sure if someone corrected it for location and unfortunately I have found bottom when the depth on the Garmins read 5'ish. I hate not knowing the precise measurement but we haven't had enough time in type as they say to know to have confidence in accuracy. If we chance that route it'll be at almost idle. What says the Sam's gallery?
    Dave & Trina
    Benedetto
    1989 60MY HATDK310
    Sturgeon Bay/Ft. Lauderdale

Lake level?? As is Lake Okeechobee? I would never run thru there. If you do any "keel polishing" it's with solid limestone. Run down thru the Keys, cut thru at Channel 5 or Marathon depending on tide. Fuel is cheap compared to haul outs and prop/shaft work and fuel is even cheaper now......Pat

Quote Originally Posted by Sadey View Post
    My transduce is located under the VIP head. I'm not sure if someone corrected it for location and unfortunately I have found bottom when the depth on the Garmins read 5'ish. I hate not knowing the precise measurement but we haven't had enough time in type as they say to know to have confidence in accuracy. If we chance that route it'll be at almost idle. What says the Sam's gallery?
    You should be able to program an offset to your DF display. Easy enough fix. Just take a tape measure near as you can get to the transducer, measure depth, then adjust display to match.

Quote Originally Posted by oscarvan View Post
    If it's anything like the "Chesapeake Smile"...... this stuff worked like magic for me.
    It's more like the "Mississippi Mud" with a side of "Tenn-Tom Taint" and "Illinois…", I can't come up with a good word for Illinois.
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Quote Originally Posted by Sadey View Post
    Your Captain says, nobody on here can tell you what to do with any degree of accuracy. I will say the only place I've ever bumped has been on the west end as you're entering the markers that take you into the rim at Roland Martin. It was just mud.
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Quote Originally Posted by Passages View Post
    You should be able to program an offset to your DF display. Easy enough fix. Just take a tape measure near as you can get to the transducer, measure depth, then adjust display to match.
    And how do you propose he verify the exact depth provided by the USACE and where?

Yes, I'm being sarcastic... sort of. Bottom line is, when it's that close, it's still a guess.
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Quote Originally Posted by doc g View Post
    Lake level?? As is Lake Okeechobee? I would never run thru there. If you do any "keel polishing" it's with solid limestone. Run down thru the Keys, cut thru at Channel 5 or Marathon depending on tide. Fuel is cheap compared to haul outs and prop/shaft work and fuel is even cheaper now......Pat
    Did a little keel bump with a 70CY several years ago, but it was a deadhead in the rim that took out a prop in 12' of water. It was one of those, "ship happens", kind of deals, but I'll admit I was glad I wasn't at the wheel when it happened.
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93