Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast

Re: Stuart, FL To Racine, WI On A 60MY

Made it to Sunset Bay Marina & Submarine Base where we wrangled the fuel dock suite. May have made Hammond if not for a total a$$hole towboat “captain” who we assume just wanted to hold up a yatchet. Unless we get hung up in something totally goofy at O’Brien Lock in the morning, we’ll still end up in Racine tomorrow.

You know you’ve made it when you hail a drawbridge in Chicago, and the bridge tender replies, “Is this Captain Randy?”

It would seem they’ve been tracking our trip. Same with some REAL tow Captains, one of which let us ahead of him an Brandon Road Lock this morning. That gesture saved us at least 2-3 hours. It’s good to be The Bird, at least sometimes.
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Oh yeah, here’s a pic.
    Attached Images
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Quote Originally Posted by Freeebird View Post
    Made it to Sunset Bay Marina & Submarine Base where we wrangled the fuel dock suite. May have made Hammond if not for a total a$$hole towboat “captain” who we assume just wanted to hold up a yatchet. Unless we get hung up in something totally goofy at O’Brien Lock in the morning, we’ll still end up in Racine tomorrow.

You know you’ve made it when you hail a drawbridge in Chicago, and the bridge tender replies, “Is this Captain Randy?”

It would seem they’ve been tracking our trip. Same with some REAL tow Captains, one of which let us ahead of him an Brandon Road Lock this morning. That gesture saved us at least 2-3 hours. It’s good to be The Bird, at least sometimes.

Please don't get so famous it goes to your head!!!! LOL
    Regards;
    Byron
    “In this world, you must be oh so smart, or oh so pleasant. Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant.”
    ― Elwood P. Dowd

Quote Originally Posted by Freeebird View Post
    Oh yeah, here’s a pic.
    Topless
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present

Quote Originally Posted by Byresch View Post
    Please don't get so famous it goes to your head!!!! LOL
    I can handle it! LOL

Had a little railroad bridge adventure as the bridge tender was nowhere to be found. Multiple calls to multiple agencies got us through in about TWO FRIGGIN HOURS!

Went out onto the lake, and it was pretty sporty. Having the arch lying on the fantail was a concern (even though it’s VERY secure), so we headed into Hammond. Another hour or so should be sufficient as it’s laid down a bunch since we came in. 70 miles and the journey is done.
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Underway and staying outside gun range.
    Attached Images
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

You got out of there at the right time. Sunset Bay Marina is about 136th & Torrence.
    River Oaks Mall is at 159th & Torrence, where rioting & looting going on as I type.
    Last edited by jjtoma; 05-31-2020 at 05:39 PM.

You're out of the rivers. You can switch to knots.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Made it into Racine around 7 and just got back from a nice dinner with Dave and a couple of his friends. Trina wasn’t able to make the last leg of this trip, but I couldn’t have asked for better travel companions for what became a 30 day run. The boat ran flawlessly.

Now it’s on to Cheboygan to pick up Robby & Brenda’s 53MY for a return trip south. It’ll be nice going DOWN the rivers for a change. Will pick up a rental car and head their way in the morning. Stay tuned for another thread on that trip, coming soon to a forum near you.
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Quote Originally Posted by SKYCHENEY View Post
    You're out of the rivers. You can switch to knots.
    Should I switch to fathoms too?
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93