Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 66 hatteras?

66 hatteras?

I am looking at buying a 1966 41C with twin 8v53's. The boat is on the West Coast, Long Beach, CA.This will be my first salt water boat and first boat of its size and running gear I have ever owned. I grew up in KY on Lakes and Rivers, mostly 26-32'ers, so this is all new.Any advice or things to look for outside having a survey done that I should watch out for?Thanks in advance.....

Re: 66 hatteras?

If the engines and gears survey out good everything else on the boat is case by case. Worn out or frozen from lack of use. If owner was running and using the boat that's a good sign. As far as the hull nothing really to look for. Some blistered on the bottom but since way overkill on the build it's more like a cosmetic deal to fix.Not going to be very fast but at that vintage/HP engines are low tune so old school reliability.

Re: 66 hatteras?

Thank you, yeah the owner is a Mechanical Engineer and takes her out monthly. The motors are clean enough to eat off of. The boat needs bottom paint and some sanding on the outer cabin, but all in all she is solid for $33k