Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
  1. Re: I joined to ???

This is your first post and you say you’re here to discuss boats?
    Re: 1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 refit
    You do nice work, but are you making this your life's work? It looks like you have been working on this boat since 2004 or 2005. When are you going to finish it so you may enjoy it? I've seen people drag out projects but you definitely win the prize for one of the longest and slowest people out there

An introduction and a little about yourself would have gone a long way for first post.
    Beachcomber
    Former 3 Hat owner
    Home port Paducah, KY

Re: I joined to discuss boats

Quote Originally Posted by whoover View Post
    Very well said Oscar V, and you have been ribbed more than once in all the time I've been a member. Congratulations on having a thick skin.

Not everyone is cut out to hang with the cool kids or cool geezers either.

Walt Hoover
    Thank you. As a non (yet) owner I know I'm starting from behind so I always keep that in mind and try to keep a somewhat low profile which is not easy for me. (Ask my wife again, and note the post count.... how did that happen?). At some point in the next two years I will either buy a Hatt or something else and disappear (not likely) and the betts will come due. (I'm wondering what the odds are....) In the meantime I take my beatings.
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

I have been criticized by a few, and thought, WTF.

Never published my disappointment, didn't see the point. Just a different opinion. If you expect every one to agree with you why post?

As for working a boat for 4 or 5 years with out finishing, there are likely several, or most, in that boat.

I just had the 10th anniversary of the 5 year project and like have a lifetime to go. The only think that seems to be is shrinking is my lifetime not my boat to do list.

But still having fun.
    GLORY Hull # 365
    Northport, NY

Personally, working on Aslan is my final life’s work—who cares? But I’ve found that filtering one’s responses goes a long way here. Presently, I’m trying to transition from 30 microns down to 10.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

Talking Re: I joined to discuss boats

Oh....that was good.........
    John
    1981 58 Yachtfish Hull 477
    Wickford RI

Have to filter myself when it comes to members looking for the easy/cheap fix in making critical repairs that could cost you the boat or worse, your life and passengers.
    CRICKET
    1966 HAT50C101
    Purchased 1985 12v71Ns
    Repowered 1989 with 8v92TI
    Repowered 2001 with 3406E