Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

I joined to discuss boats

I joined your forum to discuss boats, I have always loved Hats and after reading this for several months I thought I would join and comment.

I have done several Diy restorations, always done my own maintenance, plus help lots of other people with their boats. I wanted to join in conversations about boats.

However; after being attacked based on assumptions I don't know that I want to be associated with people like that. I made a statement about the length of a person's project based on my experience and the experience of others I have known and was attacked for that without anyone knowing me or my background. Purely on assumptions.

I think your members need to think before they make personal attacks.

Re: I joined to discuss boats

The written word, and by extension the internet, is a very incomplete communication tool. It lacks timing, intonation and body language. One has to be very careful to write in such a way so as to avoid ambiguity as much as possible. Err on the side of caution. I suspect your words were read quite differently than you wrote them. I can tell you that they came across to me as: "It's time he shi6 or get off the pot.", this coming from the guy that just showed up a few days ago. Most of the people here have been here for a very long time, and a newb that has attitude, real or perceived, is gonna hear it. Food for thought.

ON EDIT..... I see on the other thread that you laid in on someone else, and that it appears you're just a cranky old geezer with attitude. (Ask my wife about that lol) So never mind the above.... and.... good luck here.
    Last edited by oscarvan; 01-23-2020 at 02:03 PM.
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

Quote Originally Posted by BruceSands View Post

However; after being attacked based on assumptions I don't know that I want to be associated with people like that.
    Your wish is granted.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

You post up this snarky put-down and wonder why members aren't warming up to you? Get over yourself.

It s pretty obvious you didn’t join to discuss boats or offer and constructive comments but simply to criticize one member’s project.

Since you mentioned something about remembering him from another forum when he bought the boat it sounds like either there is more to the story and/or you re a stalker...

Your attitude isn’t welcome here.
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Dan
    End Of The Line II
    1967 34C

EOTL II Rebuild Web Page

><(((º>´¯`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸><(( (( º>¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸¸><(((º>

Very well said Oscar V, and you have been ribbed more than once in all the time I've been a member. Congratulations on having a thick skin.

Not everyone is cut out to hang with the cool kids or cool geezers either.

Walt Hoover

Looks like I’ve got some catching up to do. I like talking about boats, but I must say, it’s been a while since we had a good station wagon thread.
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Well, that didn’t take long.
    Attached Images
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Personally, I would not have this forum any other way!

Jon
    Jonathan Brein
    1982 43' DCFB #550
    "Paragon"
    Chesapeake, Virginia