Here's one tossed out for comment from my esteemed HOF colleagues.

Aslan has three heads equipped with the latest '80's technological wonders--Galley Maid 32V pumps. #1, I'm not entertaining any upgrades. However, soon I will need to replace the sea strainer to their respective head pump 3/4" hoses. They are, all three, various degrees of hell on access. Likely, I'll have to abandon one or two. Further, never in the known history of Aslan has more than one head been flushed at a time. In fact, the bow cabin head is typically shutdown.

Why could I not run one hose (or PVC) from one sea strainer to the forward bilge and manifold it there to serve each head pump? This is much the same system we use for our HVAC units, right? The worst that I anticipate happening is a less effective flush should history be made and two heads be simultaneously flushed; that's no big deal.

So, if I

a. eliminated two below-the-waterline hoses;
b. and I replaced the sea strainer hose barbs with bronze plugs,

wouldn't that be a good thing? Have to add ball valves to isolate the heads after the manifold.

Would not elimination of the seacocks themselves during a future bottom job be an even better thing?

What sayeth y'all?

PS: Remember I have sensitive feelings.