Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Re: Help!!!! 48 sportfish, pin size hole on engine room floor.

So now you guys have given me something else to add to my list of concerns. My bilge pump doesn't completely dry the center bilge of my 42 C.
    There is always some water present.I don't know that I have a drain plug in my keel. So what's the best thing to do if it does happen? Remove the old foam and replace with new?
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by omecojh View Post
    So now you guys have given me something else to add to my list of concerns. My bilge pump doesn't completely dry the center bilge of my 42 C. There is always some water present.I don't know that I have a drain plug in my keel. So what's the best thing to do if it does happen? Remove the old foam and replace with new?Thanks.
    There’s always some back flow from bilge pumps. Wet vac it dry then see if it remains so.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

Quote Originally Posted by racclarkson@gmail.com View Post
    There’s always some back flow from bilge pumps. Wet vac it dry then see if it remains so.
    Also any bilge pump I've seen will leave around a 1/4 inch, and of course some back flow even with a check valve at the pump.