Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Little Upholstery Project - Bow Window Valances

With the winter weather keeping us off the glass work for the most part, some interior projects are getting knocked out at a rapid pace! Boat is starting to look pretty sharp inside!

These are from the bow cabin. Window valances (or whatever you would call them), short on port, long on stbd. They were covered in some ancient grass skirt material, which had been painted over with seafoam green, that had seen better days. We took them down (about a year ago lol) and stripped the grass carpet off them and removed no less than 5 million staples from the wood.

The accent fabric for our salon couches came in last week and I thought it would look fantastic on these bow window valances (we were having trouble figuring out what we were going to cover them with).

So whatcha think? Will post more pics after install. Real life color is a tad darker than what shows in the pic.

Last edited by rustybucket; 01-15-2020 at 10:04 AM.
    SOUTHPAWS
    1986 52C Hull #391 8v92TI
    PENSACOLA, FL

Re: Little Upholstery Project - Bow Window Valances

What do I think? I think you need to come visiting is what I think. Really nice.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

Outstanding. Very nice.
    John
    1981 58 Yachtfish Hull 477
    Wickford RI

Damn sexy
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Looks great! I recently did mine as well. Made a big difference in the cabin.