Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Seastar-Teleflex-Hynautic now Dometic

Missed this, in late 2017 Dometic bought Seastar from Sierra. So Teleflx buys Hynautic which sells out to Sierra and then Dometic ends up with everything. My thought is Dometic has screwed up every company they have bought. Hynautic-Teleflex-Sierra have been really good about supporting most of their legacy products, doubt that continues with Dometic.
    CRICKET
    1966 HAT50C101
    Purchased 1985 12v71Ns
    Repowered 1989 with 8v92TI
    Repowered 2001 with 3406E

Re: Seastar-Teleflex-Hynautic now Dometic

Yep,

I tried getting them to help me when my copper steering lines started weeping fluid. They wanted me to purchase the small black lines used on the Seastar system. Tried explaining this is a 65 foot boat with hynautic system and 3/8 copper. Yayhoo on the phone told me all were the same, baystar, seastar and hynautic, and the cheap plastic lines should work. Told them I needed 4 40 lines. He told me to purchase 8 20's and couple them together.

So, I questioned the Forum, members told me to go back with copper, and if too many obstructions, custom hydraulic lines. Only was able to pull 2 copper, and started kinking with so many turns. So I went to the local hydraulic shop, and for 600 bucks, 4 40 foot lines rated at 3700 PSI each. These are flexible enough, I can run around everything, and strap to look professional.

Dometic sux.

Have a great week,
    Tim
    Fish Tales
    65C

I am busy putting seals in my Hynautic helms , the fly bridge helm started leaking around the shaft.
    I have talked with the tech rep for Hynautic , who is based in B.C. Canada, he was very helpful and mentioned that they would continue to support these helms. This is the Seastar part of the Dometic company. They also put me in touch with a gentleman in western NC who rebuilds Hynautic products including throttle and gear controls. If anyone needs his contact let me know.
    JMooney
    61 MY 1983 #341
    “Jerrie”
    Miami , FL

I replaced my lines from hydraulic cylinder to lower helm station with flexible hydraulic hoses several years ago.
    No problems with the steering..