Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Re: Winter Project Begins

Thanks, sounds like a great improvement
    Mark
    1981 56' MY Hull #320
    "Lady Ann"

Here is a video of each generator running. The phone automatically adjusts the volume.. but you can still pick the winner!
    https://youtu.be/AiOqfIX13pw

Making slow progress. Tech started at the panel, wiring back to the genny. We took out a curved panel on the landing that covered the wiring Chase. Made access easy. Where most have a galley, I have a stateroom. No provision was made for a TV... so while I'm here! New 8k self contained AC installed in the bow. Stalled waiting on remote start panel from Kohler..but gittin there!
    Attached Images

Still waiting for the Kohler/Cruisair tech to finish up. He's taking this quarantine seriously..for good reason in his case. I've been piddling and replacing the cabin reading lamps with something that puts out more general lighting. Theses are LED, by Imtra.. bulb says to 30v, but I've used several now and have had no issues.
    Attached Images

Houston we have power! The new genny is up and running! Still have to get and install the remote station. One option is $350.. simple start/stop and hours. The other option is $1,300.. 9 inch color monitor with graphic displays.. Not sure if I want to get more into this project, but I like bells and whistles.. display on the genny is nice, but you have to go below to see it!
    Attached Images

PS, loaded it to 14kw yesterday. That was all 7 ac's, oven, hot water heater, battery charger and all lights.. no microwave, cooktop, or washer dryer., but it's more than sufficient for what I wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by dottieshusband View Post
    Not sure if I want to get more into this project, but I like bells and whistles.. display on the genny is nice, but you have to go below to see it!
    Put a cam on it and look at it on your phone.....
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

61.6 hz? Is the engine mechanical governor?

Seems to have a pretty high droop.
    FTFD... i drive a slow 1968 41c381

Quote Originally Posted by krush View Post
    61.6 hz? Is the engine mechanical governor?

Seems to have a pretty high droop.
    In the pic, it's basically just windage..1kw. At higher loads it runs 60.2 or so.

The problem with letting the Chinese make your stuff!.. No, this isn't a $200 Racor 500FG. This a $36 dollar knockoff using Racor Chinese parts! Hey Racor.. you designed it, then helped the Chinese setup manufacturing for you, then import the thing into Racor's retail channels....but then the bad news..
    Attached Images