Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

Re: Winter Project Begins

My heart bleeds for Parker-Hannifin.... Oh wait, it doesnt. They get what they deserve.

I wonder if they feel as betrayed as I do when American manufacturers sell our industrial capacity to make the balance sheet look better for the next quarter.
    --- The poster formerly known as Scrod ---

I want to live in Theory, everything works there.

1970 36C375

It shouldn't cost $200+ to begin with. And when they started making it cheaper in China, they didn't lower the price...they fired Americans that made it, charged the same (or more), and pocketed the profits.
    FTFD... i drive a slow 1968 41c381

The cheap China crap will not hold up.

Seen them. A little salt in the air and they peel like an orange.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Why I use Fleetguards... or Baldwins, which last I looked were made in USA. Wix are also good, and made here, I htink.

Quote Originally Posted by dottieshusband View Post
    Getting the last of the parts in. The exhaust components have been arriving. The genny itself was the biggest cost, but the accessory stuff adds up. Batteries, cables, fuel and water lines, fuel filter, clamps, and exhaust components.. fortunately, my labor rate can not be beat! All in, this project will run about 20k.
    What brand and where did you buy this thru hull?

Just waiting on a cable!
    Attached Images

The Thru hull is an Atwood 67582G1, stainless 3x3 with flapper... got it on ebay, but it's readily available. Ironically, there is another one on ebay.

https://www.ebay.com/p/5002592315
    Last edited by dottieshusband; 05-10-2020 at 09:21 PM.

And We're done! AXIOM.. every boat project takes twice as long as you think it should and cost twice as much as you estimate!
    Attached Images