Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Winter Project Begins

Although it has yet to get cold here, the new generator project has begun. Step 1 complete. Generator is in position for the lift through the pilothouse door.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by dottieshusband; 01-13-2020 at 03:04 PM.

Re: Winter Project Begins

Always easier to install with the boat laying on its side...

z76.jpg
    Last edited by yachtsmanbill; 01-16-2020 at 06:03 AM.
    yachtsmanWILLY

I used to think I knew everything until I found the experts HERE; Now I know I dont know SQUAT

www.flybridge.proboards.com
    Uncensored, no nonsense boating fun for adults

Quote Originally Posted by yachtsmanbill View Post
    Always easier to install with the boat laying on its side...

Attachment 37411
    Photography is not my thing! Spent the day removing the sound shield only to discover the base plate must come off from underneath. So, the plan is to loosen the anti vibration pads, lift the genny, slide the sound shield base plate out, then reattach the genny to the base. Surprised it was designed this way.

Thanks for sharing as you go. Are you leaving the shield off or is this just for installation purposes?
    Eddie Clemons Nashville, TN Southern Pride 1988 52CHATCS441K788 2004 Caterpillar 3406e's

Quote Originally Posted by Eddieclemons View Post
    Thanks for sharing as you go. Are you leaving the shield off or is this just for installation purposes?
    The sound shield has to come off to fit in the door and down the hatch. I first thought I could remove the outer shield and the base plate would come up over the genny. A few components were in the way and I removed them, but it is still just an inch or two too small to clear the genny...without removing a bunch more stuff.. so, it's easier to hoist it clear of the drip pan and remove the should shield base from underneath... just gotta remember to reinstall while it's on the hoist in the genny room!

The outside gantry hoist (10 feet high) nearing completion. Inside beam trolly ready to go.
    Attached Images

Outside gantry bearing completion, inside beam trolley ready to go.
    Attached Images

Amazing job. It makes me hope my Koehler outlives me.
    1977 Hatteras 58' MY, Hull No. 304, 4-stateroom galley up model with 8V71TIs in Knoxville, Tennessee

Got the sound shield base off. Width down to about 21+ inches. PITA to get it off.. hey Kohler...2 piece base please. Genny on the dolly. Tuesday it's onboard or fish food!
    Attached Images

On the dolly
    Attached Images