Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Galley Maid Head Pump

Quick question. One of heads continues to flush for up to 3 seconds after I release button. I thought the button was sticking so I replaced it with a new one. That didn’t seem to be the problem. I’m thinking it might be the solenoid. Before I buy a knew one I wanted to check with all of you and get your opinion. Thanks in advance.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Re: Galley Maid Head Pump

Quote Originally Posted by SEVEN View Post
    Quick question. One of heads continues to flush for up to 3 seconds after I release button. I thought the button was sticking so I replaced it with a new one. That didn’t seem to be the problem. I’m thinking it might be the solenoid. Before I buy a knew one I wanted to check with all of you and get your opinion. Thanks in advance.
    Hi Rusty!

On Aslan, I've got two GM heads that flush only for the amount of time the button is depressed. My forward head flushes on a timed cycle. I haven't clocked it, but about 8 seconds feels right as I sit here a hundred miles away. So if this is new behavior you can disregard foregoing. Your next move should be a call to Raz Marine.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

Quote Originally Posted by racclarkson@gmail.com View Post
    Hi Rusty!

On Aslan, I've got two GM heads that flush only for the amount of time the button is depressed. My forward head flushes on a timed cycle. I haven't clocked it, but about 8 seconds feels right as I sit here a hundred miles away. So if this is new behavior you can disregard foregoing. Your next move should be a call to Raz Marine.
    That’s my first call tomorrow. Thanks Robert
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Just a follow-up to this post. After changing the push button it did not solve the problem and then went to the solenoid and changed it. Wala problem has been solved.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California