Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

BOLO ICW Blue Heron South

Rather than copy and paste a bunch of stuff, check out this thread I posted on THT. I’ve been following this old guy for a year or so, but I think he’s finally over his head. Hopefully none of you in this area of Florida meet him the hard way as this just keeps getting “better”. Figured this might help with quarantine fever.

https://www.thehulltruth.com/docksid...icw-south.html
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Post Re: BOLO ICW Blue Heron South

Guess mother nature will take care of him.
    Oh wait we think we can outsmart mother nature.
    Lets close the country down and save him.
    Ray

1983 61CY 319

AnnaVal
    Jacksonville FL.

Re: BOLO ICW Blue Heron South

I'm going to guess he's read Kon-Tiki but, much like engineering, didn't understand the underlying math.

Hope nobody gets hurt trying to bail him out.
    --- The poster formerly known as Scrod ---

I want to live in Theory, everything works there.

1970 36C375

Mixed feelings about that.

The rebel in me gives him a thumbs up. It's (in theory at least) still a mostly free country and he's doing his thing. Go for it I say....

On the other hand we don't want him sinking in the middle of the channel blocking traffic and possibly expending resources being rescued.....Nor do we want him to run into us causing damage or worse without insurance or the ability to make us whole.

Then again, we are out there for pleasure and risk the same expenditures.

Yes I know, there are rules and we should all abide by them. And we do right? ALL the rules ALL the time... whether they make sense or not. Right.

No easy answers.
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

I’ve actually tried to help the guy, but he doesn’t want to listen to anybody and keeps referencing his “sailing” experience in Asia. I’m beginning to think he has no intention of reaching South America to continue his missionary work and just enjoys the attention. Otherwise he would have built another floating shack after he got there, or he would have concentrated his efforts on that sailboat which at least offers the possibility of making the trip.

I don’t wish him any ill will, but following his adventure is definitely entertaining. Could be Dave, Trina and I will encounter him on our way south to go north. As we say in the South, “bless his heart”. That adage comes with two meanings, and he qualifies for both.
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

I suspect that he has some mental health issues. Well aware of reality and also well aware of the fact that he to some extent loses his grip on it. Truth be told with the right treatment and meds he would probably do a whole lot better.

All part of the human condition. Here but for the grace of Thor.....
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

Great. One more derelict that will soon be abandoned at the start of hurricane season.
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Two more. Three if you count the dingy.
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

I got this from a derelict boat and jet dock. Located the owner no insurance and he was a British subject so I couldn’t practically sue him. Total jerk. No doubt this guy is going to leave a trail of destruction be hind him.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by rsmith; 04-24-2020 at 05:06 PM.
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present

Wouldn't mind seeing him from a distance. Got sucked into some of his videos. Kinda like watching a train wreck before it happens. I wish him safety. Thats all I can say.
    Dave & Trina
    Benedetto
    1989 60MY HATDK310
    Sturgeon Bay/Ft. Lauderdale