Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Help re sourcing Groco strainer SC4000 / 4300

Hello,
    Looking please for some help to buy 2 x Groco SC 4000 or 4300 strainers with the ring to fix to the hull.

Obviously looking for the best possible price and need shipped to Adelaide Australia.

I see them at yachtsupplydepot.com and flagshipmarine.com at good prices but don't know if they are great to deal with or not. Any help on sourcing these would be greatly appreciated.

Regards, Bill

Re: Help re sourcing Groco strainer SC4000 / 4300

You need to look at replacing your strainers with "Buck Algonquin external rectangular strainers". You dont need the strainer and basket on he inside of he boat if you switch over.

Mark
    Lake of the Woods
    1989 40 DC

Shipping is an issue. You need someone who is competent at international shipping.

I dont know if external strainers are right for your area but they are commonly used here in Florida.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

I have not used internal strainers for decades. I run bronze strainers with bronze screens (I think they are Grocos) using about 3/32" holes, which have worked fine. Good water flow and not much trash seems to get through them. The internal strainers took up a lot of room and didn't seem to add anything.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnaBill View Post
    Hello,
    Looking please for some help to buy 2 x Groco SC 4000 or 4300 strainers with the ring to fix to the hull.

Obviously looking for the best possible price and need shipped to Adelaide Australia.

I see them at yachtsupplydepot.com and flagshipmarine.com at good prices but don't know if they are great to deal with or not. Any help on sourcing these would be greatly appreciated.

Regards, Bill
    Curious why you have not called Groco direct. They are very friendly and can get your desired Groco part in short order; at least did in the past.
    50 Years on the Great Lakes...

Quote Originally Posted by spartonboat1 View Post
    Curious why you have not called Groco direct. They are very friendly and can get your desired Groco part in short order; at least did in the past.
    Calling them tonight. They have a great website so I'll see if they sell to me direct and ship to Australia

Regards, Bill

Hello,

Groco staff are great to work with and very helpful. The international shipping will be a killer though. Its not Grocos fault but the shipper they use. I have sent items back because the shipping was more than the parts I ordered. I now get the square cut gaskets for my strainers locally here in Canada for less than West Marine in Buffalo NY. I would keep looking as there must be a supplier there that can get them for you, Groco should know their name.

Walt Hoover

Quote Originally Posted by whoover View Post
    Hello,

Groco staff are great to work with and very helpful. The international shipping will be a killer though. Its not Grocos fault but the shipper they use. I have sent items back because the shipping was more than the parts I ordered. I now get the square cut gaskets for my strainers locally here in Canada for less than West Marine in Buffalo NY. I would keep looking as there must be a supplier there that can get them for you, Groco should know their name.

Walt Hoover
    No supplier here holding stock I need unfortunately. I have now spoken with Groco and they were great.

Groco are in my neighborhood. If I can help you out, PM me.

Thumbs up Re: Help re sourcing Groco strainer SC4000 / 4300

Quote Originally Posted by jim rosenthal View Post
    Groco are in my neighborhood. If I can help you out, PM me.
    Thank you Jim. I've now got them on the way here. Incredibly, thanks to Fedex they'll be here early next week.

Regards, Bill.