Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

RIB Cover Needed

So, the cover for my Novurania 400DL (13" X 6', 50 HP) got shredded in a windstorm the other night. It's got some years on it and not worth stitching up. Does anyone have any source experience replacing these? I don't think I need a custom job.

Gracias
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

Re: RIB Cover Needed

West marine carries an assortment of pre made covers in different sizes. The gurantee them for I think 5 years, but they do not last that long so I made sure to keep my receipt and would just get a new one every couple of years or once I had one destroyed but wind and it was also replaced for free with the receipt. Only thing was I did not like there color so now have moved on to a custom cover. John
    Mahalo V
    1974 53 Motoryacht
    Hull Number 406
    San Diego, Ca. Ready 32 Nordic Tug, Brunswick Ga.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlett View Post
    West marine carries an assortment of pre made covers in different sizes. The gurantee them for I think 5 years, but they do not last that long so I made sure to keep my receipt and would just get a new one every couple of years or once I had one destroyed but wind and it was also replaced for free with the receipt. Only thing was I did not like there color so now have moved on to a custom cover. John
    Thanks, John. Interesting. I have the same arrangement with Interstate Battery on my car-eats a 48 month battery in about 18 mos.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

I just got one for my 14' AB RIB from these guys .... www.ameriseam.net

Not cheap... but a quality product!

I went through Bixler Marine to order... but the actual cover was made by Ameriseam.

bixlersmarine.com

Last edited by JD5652; 01-08-2020 at 12:20 PM.
    JD
    1976 58' LRC Hull #311
    "Miss Maggie"
    Riviera Dunes, FL

Hello guys,
    I'm looking at these for my new 9' Caribe RIB. I purchased one here in the past for my 28' Apache and I was pleased with quality, even though I ordered the least expensive material.

You can search for a cover specific to your brand/model.

https://www.boatcoversdirect.com/products/boat_covers/CARIBE_INFLATABLES_100/L9_36265/

Good luck,
    JCG

Excellent info. Thx
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC