Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: ADDING POWER STEERING TO Hynautic Hydraulic Steering System

Luckydave, if I was adding power steering o day I would look into this system first. Far less hoses/pieces/parts, no on engine hydraulic pumps to add, no oil coolers to add, etc.

http://www.seastarsolutions.com/prod...r-steering/dc/

Looks like the trend is to fly by wire helms etc, not sure if I'm quite ready for that although the install has to be even simpler as the only hydraulic lines are from the pump to the ram..........

http://www.seastarsolutions.com/wp-c...11/469256B.pdf

There's other options, know the Teleflex/Seastar stuff the best. Love Kobelt's products for their high quality, we have a Kobelt helm and also their push/pull engine controls.
    Last edited by Cricket; 01-12-2020 at 07:07 PM.
    CRICKET
    1966 HAT50C101
    Purchased 1985 12v71Ns
    Repowered 1989 with 8v92TI
    Repowered 2001 with 3406E

Finally got Benedetto out after two months of work. Third time I’ve run the boat since purchase. The one thing that stood out was how effortlessly she made a 180 turn at 18kts. Easier to steer then our 20’ Grady with a single 150.
    Dave & Trina
    Benedetto
    1989 60MY HATDK310
    Sturgeon Bay/Ft. Lauderdale

Quote Originally Posted by Sadey View Post
    how effortlessly she made a 180 turn at 18kts
    You keep doing that you ain't goin' nowhere.......
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

Furuno has a system that works with Accu-steer pump, but requires furuno autopilot. The Furuno FPS8 module bolts onto the pump. It has two flow sensos (connected to the autopilot brain) that measure manual wheel movement and adds assistance with the pump.

When on autopilot, it also can sense manual wheel movement and temp disables the AP.
    FTFD... i drive a slow 1968 41c381