Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Salon Door Lock

Salon Door Lock

My salon door lock/handle mechanism has been a little flakey lately. Took it to a locksmith and he says it's toast. Anyone happen to know where I may come across one new or used? I already sent message to sams so maybe they have it and this question is answered. Any ideas on a part number or where I may find one of these?
    SOUTHPAWS
    1986 52C Hull #391 8v92TI
    PENSACOLA, FL

Re: Salon Door Lock

I am curious as to which model of lockset you are looking at as I have a couple that I am wondering about myself.

Could you post a photo?

Thanks,
    Nick
    1984 53' Extended Deckhouse
    "Laissez Faire"
    Delivered 1-1-86 (per Sam's)
    Hull #CN737
    Sausalito, CA

I just ordered a Merit Metal mortise lock set from Fisheries Supply. Fisheries Supply do not list the correct model on their web site and Merit Metal does not list any marine products on their web site, but they do supply it. I called Merit Metal and they said I needed a left hand reverse lock set and that is what I ordered through Fisheries Supply. It was about $30 cheaper than what they have listed.

https://www.fisheriessupply.com/meri...or-latch-3474t

I have not received it yet. I have read some comments that it is the original configuration for my 43DC. Whatever it is, I will make it work prior to refinishing the door.
    Robert
    MANCHIONEAL
    1973 43DC #365
    Mattox Creek, VA

If the lockset looks like the one pictured in the link from Jammin's post, I can tell you that I have recently replaced broken springs in that style lockset with springs I got from Sam's. They now work fine. (The springs I received looked a little different than the springs I found in the locksets, but they worked well.)

Nick
    1984 53' Extended Deckhouse
    "Laissez Faire"
    Delivered 1-1-86 (per Sam's)
    Hull #CN737
    Sausalito, CA

Look under locks in Sam’s catalogs. Here are two of the many they have.
    Attached Images
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Thanks guys, I think this is the one

http://parts.samsmarine.com/PartSear...emNmbr=S84057A

But it does not show the lock mechanism in the image (where the key slides into to open/close the deadbolt).

You guys think it is just missing in the pic or is not included in the set?
    SOUTHPAWS
    PENSACOLA, FL

All;

Our Galley to Companion way latch was recently getting "hinky", and simple disassembly, cleaning, and generous lubrication of each sleeve and part prior to reassembly completely renewed it.

Same with our Salon/Pilot house door latches.. They could stand to be re-plated sometime soon, but when I renewed the doors complete with a new teak panel and paint/varnish as necessary, they're like new again.

Let 3-in-1 oil be your friend I guess, is my offering here.

48364959377_cda0e21ba3_c.jpg

Cheers Everyone-

Chuck
    Attached Images
    Last edited by chuckbullett@gmail.com; 01-11-2020 at 06:29 PM.
    Captain Chuck Bullett; W1AEK
    Chartmaker 1978 53MY Hull #522
    On-Air 2014 31 Benetau Oceanis Sloop
    chuckbullett@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by chuckbullett@gmail.com View Post
    All;

Our Galley to Companion way latch was recently getting "hinky", and simple disassembly, cleaning, and generous lubrication of each sleeve and part prior to reassembly completely renewed it.

Same with our Salon/Pilot house door latches.. They could stand to be re-plated sometime soon, but when I renewed the doors complete with a new teak panel and paint/varnish as necessary, they're like new again.

Let 3-in-1 oil be your friend I guess, is my offering here.

Attachment 37282

Cheers Everyone-

Chuck
    Yeah, I wish that were an option, really do. The entire lockset tumbler came out with the key. Pins and springs flew everywhere. No warning, no stickyness beforehand.... The extra bad part was that the boat was dead bolted at the time. Luckily one of the salon windows was open. Crawled in trough the window but the inner deadbolt was non-operable.

Called a locksmith out, nothing he could do.

We had to use an air body saw to cut the deadbolt to gain access to the boat. What a nightmare!

Got a temp lock in for now while I work to source the replacement.
    SOUTHPAWS
    PENSACOLA, FL

Just to update this thread, ended up working with the crew at sams to make sure I got the right part, it arrived and installed Friday night. Nice and Shiney!! woooo!!!
    SOUTHPAWS
    PENSACOLA, FL

Quote Originally Posted by rustybucket View Post
    Just to update this thread, ended up working with the crew at sams to make sure I got the right part, it arrived and installed Friday night. Nice and Shiney!! woooo!!!
    Send us a photo.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California