Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Overspray on isinglass

Next door neighbor building a house. One day I notice boats very dirty. Rinse it off. Took a while. Realize it was from sanding down flat stucco.

No biggie but what if they paint on a windy day? Go talk to GC. Owner is also there. They say no spraying for exterior paint. I say good but if you do spray anything just don't do it if the wind is blowing out of the north. It will end up on the boats.

Anybody want to guess what I came home to today??

Most everything seems OK and rinsed right off. But some was wet enough that is stuck to the isinglass. Any idea if there will be any damage, short or long term? I rinsed it but detail guy cannot get to it until Monday. Product is Sunflex exterior 100% acrylic hi-build masonry wall coating #1820

Also how can these guys be that stupid? Now I have to worry about when they paint too.

Re: Overspray on isinglass

Had this happen to us, called the police to document the event, notified the condo association (which butts up to our property), notified the paint contractor, both had already been warned in writing in advance.
    Same thing had happened a few years before but with a lot less overspreay.
    Called my insurance carrier which was able to locate the contactor's and condo's insurance carrier for us.
    Ended up with a new enclosure, new cushions, new non skid paint on the front and side deck, sanded teak deck, and a really expensive detail for the rest of the boat to get the overspray off of the house, hull, windows,, metal etc, even covered the haul out and a few days storage at the yard.
    CRICKET
    1966 HAT50C101
    Purchased 1985 12v71Ns
    Repowered 1989 with 8v92TI
    Repowered 2001 with 3406E

Re: Overspray on isinglass

Ours is not that bad. My concern is the isinglass as when we bought the boat it was in perfect condition. One thing I thought of is this is an expensive enclosure to replace one day. No way will I accept a shortened life. Maybe we will be okay. Even if damaged and insurance replaces not coverage on time of use lost and the aggravation. So hoping all ends well.