Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Re: Hatteras Winter Boat Use

Thanks Photolomy- much appreciated. I am running one of the Crusair heaters now just to test and see how long - if at all- it heats up the v-berth.

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by Ianpaul View Post
    Thanks Photolomy- much appreciated. I am running one of the Crusair heaters now just to test and see how long - if at all- it heats up the v-berth.Ian
    Ian, What is your current outside and water temperatures? Keep us updated on the V-berth?
    Eddie Clemons Nashville, TN Southern Pride 1988 52CHATCS441K788 2004 Caterpillar 3406e's

And what model Hatteras do you own because there was no 60MY in 1981?
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

$200 a month electric bill in California. That's probably 3 or 4 KWH.

?
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

I have no un-descended testicular issues with cruisairs in 27 degrees and 55 degree water (last week). Will run you outa there in short order. Measured 117 degrees out of one unit at 60 degrees ambient.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

I'm in Nor Cal too, Stockton and last month I tried to not use the Cruisairs and just use small portable electric heaters. Bad idea. My utility bill shot up to $400 for the month and it wasn't that cold. I gave them to a buddy of mine and now just use the heat pumps. They work great in the San Joaquin river and greater San Francisco bay area.
    Looking for a 80 plus foot yacht
    Hatteras of Cheoy Lee

Quote Originally Posted by RonNP View Post
    I'm in Nor Cal too, Stockton and last month I tried to not use the Cruisairs and just use small portable electric heaters. Bad idea. My utility bill shot up to $400 for the month and it wasn't that cold. I gave them to a buddy of mine and now just use the heat pumps. They work great in the San Joaquin river and greater San Francisco bay area.
    Ron, what do you pay per KWH there? We’re 0.16 KWH and one of the highest in SE.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

I’m near Ron and we are at .25 per KWH. However we get kissed monthly by the harbor master. We say if you’re going to F us we want to be missed first.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Kissed. Sorry
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Robert-

A few years ago, we were at Patriot's Point for a few months. I was surprised at the markup on power. I pointed out to the manager that SC had a statute, like GA and NC that made it illegal to mark up power on monthly contracts and beyond when separately metered or submetered. Perhaps that changed, but he checked with his owners and lawyer, and lowered it pretty quickly for the whole marina.. The fines were problematic.
    Electricity in the South is usually under $0.13/KWH.

As an aside, Charleston County Property tax people are Aggressive on boat owners. Sent me a huge tax bill, and we left 30 days before the statute kicked in. It was a hassle to prove them wrong.

Anyway, worth checking if that protection still exists.
    Mal
    Miss Molly
    '85 53ED #750