Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Re: NEW TURBO Source

Powerline Components or Reliable Industries have huge inventories... saw these on eBay.

https://www.ebay.com/p/11034038635?i...xoCFJIQAvD_BwE

Quote Originally Posted by dottieshusband View Post
    Powerline Components or Reliable Industries have huge inventories... saw these on eBay.

https://www.ebay.com/p/11034038635?i...xoCFJIQAvD_BwE
    Thanks, I checked Powerline but they have come back asking for the Detroit Part number for the Turbo. The number I have is apparently a Garrett Number.

Anyone has a cross reference?
    MV "Mystery"
    Cheoy Lee 58' Motor Yacht
    Trinidad & Tobago

3. Re: NEW TURBO Source

It should be on the tag that is attached to one of the rocker covers. Otherwise, any DD dealer can get it from your engine serial number.

8926192r turbocharger tv7101 ar 1.23 8v92ti (465030-7)

Thank you everyone.

RPM Diesel in Ft Lauderdale came through for me as usual. I'll get both units shipped to me next week.

After a boatless Christmas, I'm glad to see this moving forward.
    MV "Mystery"
    Trinidad & Tobago

I feel your pain. We bought Benedetto at the end of October, used it twice then took it out of service for maintenance. Risers, transmission seals and such. Did a sea trial the week before Christmas and things weren’t right. The plan now is a sea trial Monday/Tuesday next week. It’s just killing us to have missed all of this time running her. Not to mention the fact this is our first Hatteras and large boat so we not only want the time on her but need the time.
    Dave & Trina
    Benedetto
    1989 60MY HATDK310
    Sturgeon Bay/Ft. Lauderdale

Quote Originally Posted by Sadey View Post
    I feel your pain. We bought Benedetto at the end of October, used it twice then took it out of service for maintenance. Risers, transmission seals and such. Did a sea trial the week before Christmas and things weren’t right. The plan now is a sea trial Monday/Tuesday next week. It’s just killing us to have missed all of this time running her. Not to mention the fact this is our first Hatteras and large boat so we not only want the time on her but need the time.
    Hope you get sorted out soon as well. The Hatt 60MY is a nice boat! Enjoy.
    MV "Mystery"
    Trinidad & Tobago

Finally got both turbos installed today, plus I have to redo both risers as they showed signs of small leaks and the flanges needed work.
    Attached Images
    MV "Mystery"
    Trinidad & Tobago

What was the cost?
    ENUFF. 1983 53MY.Hull #617 Barnegat Light Nj.

The turbos costed $1310 each plus I had to pay the core charge of $136 each as I can't return cores effectively from my location. Labour cost isn't directly comparable to the US, but I removed and installed side by side with a regular mechanic.
    MV "Mystery"
    Trinidad & Tobago