Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Clear vinyl/plastic rub rail water diverter

Happy New Years All,

Does anyone know where I can locate the water diverters (clear vinyl) used by Viking & the new Betrams in lieu have having someone make them for me. They shed the water off the deck/covering boards from the rub rail to eliminate the water streaks along the hull side at cockpit sheer.

Best,
    Jackpot

98 43' CNV # 27

2. Re: Clear vinyl/plastic rub rail water diverter

Any marine upholstery shop will probably give you a scrap piece of clear material they have lying around that you can use to cut out the sizes you need. That is how Viking and other manufacturers do it.

Re: Clear vinyl/plastic rub rail water diverter

Too funny you posted this when you did. I just dropped mine off at Cesany Plastics in Ft. Lauderdale to be made yesterday. The current ones were a little short and allowing water to dribble down the side wall and puddling in the tracks of my aft deck sliding windows, which of course created a very expensive fix in the stateroom underneath. Long story and a new to us boat. Not sure of the cost to have made but I had to no choice. This is the company Sam's uses to make the Hatteras diverters.
    Dave & Trina
    Benedetto
    1989 60MY HATDK310
    Sturgeon Bay/Ft. Lauderdale

After rereading your post I wonder if I misunderstood. On my previous boat stiff isinglass was tucked under loosened screws along the rub-rail at the drain gaps then re-secured by tightening previously loosened screws.
    Dave & Trina
    Benedetto
    1989 60MY HATDK310
    Sturgeon Bay/Ft. Lauderdale

Hmmm... I have the same problem at the break in the sheer- water runs down the hull side and stains it. This is a good idea.

Can you guys post a pic or two?
    1977 Hatteras 58' MY, Hull No. 304, 4-stateroom galley up model with 8V71TIs in Knoxville, Tennessee

Is this what you’re looking for? If so Sam’s sells them.
    Attached Images
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Thank you guys, Seven I could not open your attachment, however I will check the Sams parts right now.
    Jackpot

98 43' CNV # 27

Sams:

Sheer drip guard 2" x 26" part # 29484e $16.95 each
    Jackpot

98 43' CNV # 27

That’s the one. Let me know how it works. I’m considering adding them myself.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California