Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Small Projects

Small Projects

I've found that it's very helpful to have small, easy to finish little projects going at the same time as the bigger, more frustrating projects. It's satisfying to get at least something finished no matter how small it is. I have the door off for new hardware and refinishing.
    Attached Images
    Robert
    MANCHIONEAL
    1973 43DC #365
    Mattox Creek, VA

Re: Small Projects

A friend is refinishing my salon door in his shop and installing the new mortise lock set. I love making progress that I don't have to physically do myself. It's like a bonus.

Salon Door 1.jpg
    Salon Door 3.jpg
    Salon Door 5.jpg
    Robert
    MANCHIONEAL
    1973 43DC #365
    Mattox Creek, VA

Very true!! Nothing more satisfying than knocking stuff off the list! I also try to keep a 'rainy day' list of things that can be accomplished in foul weather in case I show up to work and mother nature has other plans. This way I don't even have to think, just go straight to the list and start picking off items.
    SOUTHPAWS
    1986 52C Hull #391 8v92TI
    PENSACOLA, FL

They all seem to start off as small projects, then turn into big projects. Taking out the trash is about the only one that I can count on to be done in a timely fashion...
    John Novotny
    1979 53 MY "Serenity" #567
    Baltimore, MD

One at a time gives me satisfaction of completing a job. The big ones that takes weeks I get frustrated with. Love you see you guys restoring these old gals.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Quote Originally Posted by Oldlaxer1 View Post
    They all seem to start off as small projects, then turn into big projects. Taking out the trash is about the only one that I can count on to be done in a timely fashion...
    That just shows you’re paying attention. I always start out on a particular mission only to get waylaid by what gets uncovered. When in doubt, paint over it.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

Pulled out the water filters a couple of weeks ago and found this. The up side is that this area will be beautiful when I'm done and that will be very satisfying.

Boat Rot.jpg
    Robert
    MANCHIONEAL
    1973 43DC #365
    Mattox Creek, VA

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin' View Post
    Pulled out the water filters a couple of weeks ago and found this. The up side is that this area will be beautiful when I'm done and that will be very satisfying.

Attachment 38132
    Kinda like this?

The before from the survey in 2015--leaking plumbing fitting left unaddressed for years, freshwater at least.
    002 Rotted Plywood Shelf.jpg
    The after.
    IMG_9584.jpg
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

You’re making everybody jealous Robert
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Quote Originally Posted by racclarkson@gmail.com View Post
    Kinda like this?
    Yes, kind of like that, except I'm using light gray paint so dirt and oil won't contrast as much.
    Robert
    MANCHIONEAL
    1973 43DC #365
    Mattox Creek, VA