Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Cruise from San Pedro to ensenada in Jan.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlett View Post
    Call me or PM me and I’ll come down, would love to see you and the boat. John
    Back to Phoenix for Christmas. One of my Crew realised his passport has expired and is having it updated. Looks like early to mid Feb for the trip now.

I have a mexican boat delivery captain/friend who can probably help you. Inexpensive and great help.

Quote Originally Posted by Blowncar View Post
    I have a mexican boat delivery captain/friend who can probably help you. Inexpensive and great help.
    Thanks James.
    Seems all is settled. But send the Captains name and contact info along. Nothing like a little local knowledge. Plan to leave San Diego 2/14 or 2/15. And as you know Cruise port is the destination. Changed to G21 pending G1 opening up.
    Mike

Will do on Captain info. The big yacht left so you've got plenty room now. Going to be a 60 Hatt eb, 53 hatt c, my 52 hatt c and yours on the same dock/side. We are taking over

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlett View Post
    Haven’t been in Coral for a few years but ther used to be a rock inside the entrance that you had to watch out for, but we were in sailboats so maybe it’s not a problem for Power boats. I also agree on the comments about Cruise Port Marina. It has the best bathrooms in Mexico and is really close to town. Coral tells you that they run a shuttle into town, but it is very unreliable. Best thing about Coral is you can walk to the best restaurant in town. It is called Sanyos steak house and is owned by the Hussong family, which any west coaster nows about there bar in Ensenada, it is famous. John

I have to agree with Scarlett about Coral and Sanyos. You'll be happy with both decisions.
    Regards;
    Byron
    “In this world, you must be oh so smart, or oh so pleasant. Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant.”
    ― Elwood P. Dowd

Quote Originally Posted by Blowncar View Post
    Will do on Captain info. The big yacht left so you've got plenty room now. Going to be a 60 Hatt eb, 53 hatt c, my 52 hatt c and yours on the same dock/side. We are taking over
    James
    Wait that makes me the little kid on the block. I gotta get a bigger boat.

Plan is coming together. Application for TIP went in this morning. Leaving San Pedro 2/10 for Chula Vista and plan a couple days in San Diego. Crew arrives 2/13 in the PM. Run to Ensenada starts at day break 2/14. Anyone else running south on the 14th out of San Diego?
    Plan to run 8.5 knots. Do you think I will arrive in daylight?
    Mike

To Cruise Port it’s about 65 miles once you are out of the bay, but it will take you a good hour plus to run from Chula Vista out of the bay so you are looking at about 9 hours or so., hope to see you in Chula Vista. John
    Mahalo V
    1974 53 Motoryacht
    Hull Number 406
    San Diego, Ca. Ready 32 Nordic Tug, Brunswick Ga.