Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Cruise from San Pedro to ensenada in Jan.

I'm going to cruise my 45C from San Pedro to San Diego then on to Coral Hotel and Marina for a few months.
    Planning a bottom job at Baja Naval while there.
    Wondering if there are any boats making their way down the coast to be a buddy boat?

Did the renaming ceremony yesterday.

Mike

Re: Cruise from San Pedro to ensenada in Jan.

I hope you used the good Champagne!
    Robert
    MANCHIONEAL
    1973 43DC #365
    Mattox Creek, VA

I just bought a 52 Hatt C and brought it down from Oxnard to Ensenada 10 days ago. 23 hours @8.5 knots. It's an easy cruise just a little traffic outside San Diego. A few tips; Fill completely up before taking off. We paid $3.40 a gallon in Oxnard and it is closer to $5 a gallon in Mexico. Unless your heart is set on Coral I'd suggest Cruiseport instead. We are keeping ours there year around and will be living on it about 75% of the time. We are dialed in with inexpensive labor and trustworthy folks to keep the boat clean, serviced and looked after when we are gone. We had our 42sf there before.

We have a Hatt 60, 53 and my 52 on the same dock. Cruiseport cost less, has nice bathrooms/showers and laundry area. Also it is nice to get off the boat walk 1/3 mile and be into town. pm me for info if you like. Also make sure that previous owner cancelled their mexican TIP if they had one. If not it's a hassle and a few $$$'s to sort out.

Quote Originally Posted by Blowncar View Post
    I just bought a 52 Hatt C and brought it down from Oxnard to Ensenada 10 days ago. 23 hours @8.5 knots. It's an easy cruise just a little traffic outside San Diego. A few tips; Fill completely up before taking off. We paid $3.40 a gallon in Oxnard and it is closer to $5 a gallon in Mexico. Unless your heart is set on Coral I'd suggest Cruiseport instead. We are keeping ours there year around and will be living on it about 75% of the time. We are dialed in with inexpensive labor and trustworthy folks to keep the boat clean, serviced and looked after when we are gone. We had our 42sf there before.

We have a Hatt 60, 53 and my 52 on the same dock. Cruiseport cost less, has nice bathrooms/showers and laundry area. Also it is nice to get off the boat walk 1/3 mile and be into town. pm me for info if you like. Also make sure that previous owner cancelled their mexican TIP if they had one. If not it's a hassle and a few $$$'s to sort out.
    Not absolutely set on Coral. I met with Ana at ECV and looked at open slips about a month ago. Had one that would meet my needs.
    Nice thing about Coral is use of resort facilities.
    Boat had a TIP at one time. In the 90's I believe. Researching it now.
    Fuel here in LA Harbor is 2.78/gallon. All 3 tanks,650 gallons currently full. Ensenada $4.06/gal. Plan to fill up in San Diego prior to run to Ensenada.
    Thanks for the reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin' View Post
    I hope you used the good Champagne!
    Had a sea lion come up to the swim deck after the ceremony to say Hello to the grandkids. I took it as a sign Neptune was pleased.

If it had an old TIP you need to see if it was cancelled. If you go online to Banjercito and apply for your TIP and it goes through your fine. The boat I bought was owned for the past 16 years by the same guy, never went to mexico. I thought I was good to go. Got to Ensenada and found out the owner back in 2002 had a TIP and never cancelled it. Like everything in Mexico cash can fix it. Paid a few hundred to get it "corrected". 3 days later, no problem . As of 3 days ago when I was there, many slips are available. I'd spend the extra few bucks and get in a 56' slip on g-dock where we are at.
    Last edited by Blowncar; 12-23-2019 at 05:20 PM.

Haven’t been in Coral for a few years but ther used to be a rock inside the entrance that you had to watch out for, but we were in sailboats so maybe it’s not a problem for Power boats. I also agree on the comments about Cruise Port Marina. It has the best bathrooms in Mexico and is really close to town. Coral tells you that they run a shuttle into town, but it is very unreliable. Best thing about Coral is you can walk to the best restaurant in town. It is called Sanyos steak house and is owned by the Hussong family, which any west coaster nows about there bar in Ensenada, it is famous. John
    Mahalo V
    1974 53 Motoryacht
    Hull Number 406
    San Diego, Ca. Ready 32 Nordic Tug, Brunswick Ga.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlett View Post
    Haven’t been in Coral for a few years but ther used to be a rock inside the entrance that you had to watch out for, but we were in sailboats so maybe it’s not a problem for Power boats. I also agree on the comments about Cruise Port Marina. It has the best bathrooms in Mexico and is really close to town. Coral tells you that they run a shuttle into town, but it is very unreliable. Best thing about Coral is you can walk to the best restaurant in town. It is called Sanyos steak house and is owned by the Hussong family, which any west coaster nows about there bar in Ensenada, it is famous. John
    Hey John

Since you last saw her the Chanterelle has become the Meghan Lynn. Entire Bonding system has been replaced, Y valves and Head plumbing replaced. Rudder shafts repacked. Compressor and tank removed Gen Set rewired and decks redone. Will be spending a day or 2 in Chula Vista on the way down. You should swing by and see her.
    Mike
    Last edited by MikeMck; 12-24-2019 at 01:38 AM.

Call me or PM me and I’ll come down, would love to see you and the boat. John
    Mahalo V
    1974 53 Motoryacht
    Hull Number 406
    San Diego, Ca. Ready 32 Nordic Tug, Brunswick Ga.

Go Blue!