Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Re: FLL Bound With Robby

Quote Originally Posted by mderlick View Post
    Randy

I dont know if this helps your guys, but there is a boat listed in The Mariner.com, with a 954 area code for 99K 1980 model 53 with terms (3 years). The listing claims that the boat is in "excellent"
    condition. Message me if your people want to look at it, and I will get you the contact no.

good luck in your search

mderlick
    Thanks, Marty. I made an appointment with that broker a couple of weeks ago to view that boat yesterday, but he sold it literally 3 hours before our appointment time I confirmed a week or so earlier. I understand first come first serve, but when you have people flying in, I sort of expect not have have a showing appointment scheduled three hours before ours.

That one was a little sketchy with a donation scenario which wouldn’t allow the boat to be titled for a while. I think that’s why the three year financing deal was offered.
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Quote Originally Posted by Eddieclemons View Post
    How about the Ole Girl down in Chatt? 1978 that I believe Scenic River has listed.
    It just went under contract but wasn’t a contender due to twins in the master.
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Quote Originally Posted by Freeebird View Post
    It just went under contract but wasn’t a contender due to twins in the master.
    Twins in the master is an easy conversion.
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    Twins in the master is an easy conversion.
    That depends on your definition of easy and how you want it to look after it’s finished.
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Quote Originally Posted by Freeebird View Post
    That depends on your definition of easy and how you want it to look after it’s finished.
    A skilled wood worker two, three days, five tops. A few more hours for paint/varnish. And it will end up looking like it was always like that. I've seen a few boats that look interesting and have the two bunk master. All I can say is: "Keep mentioning it negotiations, should be worth 20K." (And they will know there's people like you that pass them by.) Then get the tools out and a few grand later it's done, a lot less if you have the skills yourself.
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

Quote Originally Posted by oscarvan View Post
    A skilled wood worker two, three days, five tops. A few more hours for paint/varnish. And it will end up looking like it was always like that. I've seen a few boats that look interesting and have the two bunk master. All I can say is: "Keep mentioning it negotiations, should be worth 20K." (And they will know there's people like you that pass them by.) Then get the tools out and a few grand later it's done, a lot less if you have the skills yourself.
    There’s flooring, new bilge access, upholstery, cabinetry, wiring, lighting, bedding, etc. Pretty good job done right. Aslan began life with twins.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

Quote Originally Posted by oscarvan View Post
    That might be true if it wasn't a boat and there were no other modifications needed where you can't see.

Mine had been converted at some point. Whoever did it did a pretty good job. They removed the dresser that was between the bunks and installed it over the the base of the starboard bed. Then build a new bed sideways (headboard against port side) plenty of room to walk around

My point is that the modification is far from being a deal killer
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    Mine had been converted at some point. Whoever did it did a pretty good job. They removed the dresser that was between the bunks and installed it over the the base of the starboard bed. Then build a new bed sideways (headboard against port side) plenty of room to walk around

My point is that the modification is far from being a deal killer
    My point was (and still is), it’s not an easy conversion.
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Well... when you look at costs... things like good paint, solid engines, a good generator you can rely on, a good tender, stabilizers, etc... the cost of converting the master beds is peanuts. All being equal sure... take the 53 that s already been converted but nothing is ever equal!
    Last edited by Pascal; 01-11-2020 at 04:14 PM.
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat