Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
  1. Re: FLL Bound With Robby

Beachcomber
    Former 3 Hat owner
    Home port Paducah, KY

Re: FLL Bound With Robby

Interesting turbo and AirSep setup. I’ve never seen that before.
    1977 Hatteras 58' MY, Hull No. 304, 4-stateroom galley up model with 8V71TIs in Knoxville, Tennessee

Quote Originally Posted by Freeebird View Post
    Heading out in the morning and have two 53MY's to look at. Had a couple more on the radar, but they have sold. Hopefully one of these two will be THE one, but if not, we may just snoop around marinas and look for FSBO signs.

If anybody knows of anything that's not on Yachtworld, let's hear it. We can even make a quick trip over to the west coast if needed, but there just isn't much on the market in Florida right now.
    Hi Randy,

I know of a mid 90's, 52 that is at my marina in Ontario (lake of the Woods) that is in pristine condition with a fully enclosed fly-bridge and a new extended swim platform with integrated steps (very nice job), bow and stern thruster. it is not stabilized! he hull, running gear and interior are 9/10. The owner approached me last year and asked if i might be interested in it but i is too big for me (my dock at home). This is a unicorn. I am trying to contact him to see if he is still interested in selling it. i will PM you if you may be interested.

Mark
    Lake of the Woods
    currently in FL for the winter

Ok, those engines are bizarre. The turbos look like they are going into a box where the intercooler usually is, and the turbos themselves look like they have no air filters on them. Something wrong there.
    John
    1981 58 Yachtfish Hull 477
    Wickford RI

Quote Originally Posted by johnjen50 View Post
    Ok, those engines are bizarre. The turbos look like they are going into a box where the intercooler usually is, and the turbos themselves look like they have no air filters on them. Something wrong there.
    Oooo-oui! That there is some Cajun enjuneering fosho!

Just finished looking at a 53YF which was more project than Robby (or most people) is looking for. Looks like the idea of putting one under contract this trip isn’t going to happen. We’ll see what happens over the next few weeks. Meanwhile, maybe something else will pop up.

Anybody know that 53MY in Southport, NC? Might be able to eyeball that one next week passing through to the all-I-can eat lobsterfest with Dr. Jim.
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Quote Originally Posted by lake of the woods View Post
    Hi Randy,

I know of a mid 90's, 52 that is at my marina in Ontario (lake of the Woods) that is in pristine condition with a fully enclosed fly-bridge and a new extended swim platform with integrated steps (very nice job), bow and stern thruster. it is not stabilized! he hull, running gear and interior are 9/10. The owner approached me last year and asked if i might be interested in it but i is too big for me (my dock at home). This is a unicorn. I am trying to contact him to see if he is still interested in selling it. i will PM you if you may be interested.

Mark
    Lake of the Woods
    currently in FL for the winter
    Too far away and I’m sure out of budget. Thanks though.
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

There is a 1980 53 MY in Louisville that is in good shape

https://www.yachtworld.com/core/list...&ywo=paradigm&

Jeff
    The NUTThouse
    1978 53 MY Classic
    Hull 525
    Louisville, Ky

Quote Originally Posted by jnuttall View Post
    There is a 1980 53 MY in Louisville that is in good shape

https://www.yachtworld.com/core/list...&ywo=paradigm&

Jeff
    The NUTThouse
    1978 53 MY Classic
    Hull 525
    Louisville, Ky
    Actually talked to that broker, but the seller isn’t where we need to be on the money. Nice, freshwater boat.
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

How about the Ole Girl down in Chatt? 1978 that I believe Scenic River has listed.
    Eddie Clemons Nashville, TN Southern Pride 1988 52CHATCS441K788 2004 Caterpillar 3406e's

Randy

I dont know if this helps your guys, but there is a boat listed in The Mariner.com, with a 954 area code for 99K 1980 model 53 with terms (3 years). The listing claims that the boat is in "excellent"
    condition. Message me if your people want to look at it, and I will get you the contact no.

good luck in your search

mderlick