Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Re: FLL Bound With Robby

Quote Originally Posted by Boatsb View Post
    Theres a huge difference in ride and room between the convertible and the motoryacht.

Many motoryachts will not plane or will barely plane in comparison to a 52c which will do so easily.

Its also a big change in stability as the convertible has a much lower cog.

Your call (or is it your wife's) on which best suits your needs.
    Thanks for your comments, the ride and stability difference is not something that I knew or had been told.

I do understand the speed difference and the ability to plane, I am just not sure how much that will make a difference for an inland lake/river boater for the next 5 years. I am all about the speed myself though, but it seems like every ones talks about running at displacement speed.

My wife likes galley down convertibles with the big salons, she just cant picture the cockpit setup for cruising like I envision.

Thanks,
    Eddie
    Eddie Clemons Nashville, TN Southern Pride 1988 52CHATCS441K788 2004 Caterpillar 3406e's

Re: FLL Bound With Robby

[QUOTE=jim rosenthal;363261]Keep in mind I can look at boats up here for you. I am not surveyor and I don't do this for a living, but I'm happy to help out a fellow HOF member.[/QUOTE

Thanks,
    Eddie Clemons Nashville, TN Southern Pride 1988 52CHATCS441K788 2004 Caterpillar 3406e's