Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Re: LED Spreader Lights Sought

On our Series 2 45C, the lower panels for the tower floor just unbolt from the underside with no problems. Our fly bridge has a hard top so we can stand on that and easily reach the panels. Just used a cordless electric drill with screw driver bit. During our full boat re-paint, we had completely removed these panels and painted them, added down lights and replaced all the bolts, so for subsequent jobs, we only remove enough bolts to gain access, no need to fully remove.

Good luck,
    JCG

Quote Originally Posted by JuiceClark View Post
    Sorry I can't add because I need to do this, yet. I'm not even sure how you'll remove those underside tower deck panels. How will you get a ladder there without tearing the fabric on the top below??

Anyway, please take a pic or two if you can because I'm watching in earnest. The job itself isn't much...it's the precarious access. Last trip up there, I took that middle outrigger off because birds kept sitting on it and pooping all over the cockpit.
    my bridge has a hard top I can easily stand on for access to the panels, the issue is removing them without destroying them, whatever they used to seal them is TOUGH. I'm going to venture into the front of the bridge in the next couple days to see if there's any chance at locating the runs to the salon, we'll see what comes of it.

Place an owl on the bridge, helps for awhile until they get used to it, then relocate
    Last edited by ageless; 06-24-2022 at 04:36 PM.
    '88 55'C hull 394 ​BEATs Therapy
    12-71 TA's ZF BW190 1.5:1 gears

Quote Originally Posted by JCG-PR View Post
    On our Series 2 45C, the lower panels for the tower floor just unbolt from the underside with no problems. Our fly bridge has a hard top so we can stand on that and easily reach the panels. Just used a cordless electric drill with screw driver bit. During our full boat re-paint, we had completely removed these panels and painted them, added down lights and replaced all the bolts, so for subsequent jobs, we only remove enough bolts to gain access, no need to fully remove.

Good luck,
    JCG
    I tried this, both bottom and top panels. Removed all the screws just to find the bonding agent used wasn't giving at all
    '88 55'C hull 394 ​BEATs Therapy
    12-71 TA's ZF BW190 1.5:1 gears

Quote Originally Posted by ageless View Post
    my bridge has a hard top I can easily stand on for access to the panels, the issue is removing them without destroying them, whatever they used to seal them is TOUGH. I'm going to venture into the front of the bridge in the next couple days to see if there's any chance at locating the runs to the salon, we'll see what comes of it.

Place an owl on the bridge, helps for awhile until they get used to it, then relocate
    Nice...would love to replace the fabric-covered pipe top with a fiberglass hardtop. $$

I have one of those sand filled owls and had it up on the tower for awhile. I got to thinking about being in some seas and that 10 pound owl rolling off and falling! So, I took it down and it's guarding the top of a dock pole.
    At the mouth of the Caloosahatchee
    1984 52C

Just get some resin into that fabric while you still have it! lol
    Brett Portzer 1972 Hatteras 43DC331
    2019- SUPERNOVA Waterford, NY
    1977-2019 CAROL-SUE Baltimore, MD
    1972-1977 C.VALPRISANN IV Boston, MA

Hard to beat the halogens for good light output (intensity and color). That being said I have LED bulbs installed where halogens were. And although not as bright as the halogens they are plenty bright. Lifespan has been kinda crappy with them, have to replace a bulb or two every year.
    Mine are the outdoor lighting headlight looking bulbs, so quite different than yours.

I have 2 blue's on one switch, and 4 whites on a different switch, so we can go dark when desired.
    SOUTHPAWS
    1986 52C Hull #391 8v92TI
    PENSACOLA, FL