Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Re: LED Spreader Lights Sought

Quote Originally Posted by CTdave View Post
    Robert,I have the identical spreader lights on my 50c. I replaced mine as the old ones burnt out but they were looking crappy too. I found exact replacements on Amazon for under $20 ea. One was broken a few weeks ago by the guys shrink wrapping the boat so I'm in the market and would love to find LEDs. I see the ones posted here are only 45w, have you found a better LED Knuckle mount? I was also looking into molded fiberglass bezels for a more modern look but space is limited aft of the hard top support. Maybe a smaller LED would work. Please post anything you've found.Thanks!
    Thanks for the input. Given up on it for now. I ordered a new lens and I have a few bulbs left in inventory.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

I’m looking at this one on eBay 3000k warm white vs the 5000k harsh white. IDK but I don’t see as well with the typical led harsh light.
    Attached Images
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present

Well, the spreaders I posted started flickering and chips were burning out. I did get them replaced under warranty but looking for better quality.
    '88 55'C hull 394 ​BEATs Therapy
    12-71 TA's ZF BW190 1.5:1 gears

I decided to give these a shot, one of the few UL listed lights I've seen with this wattage. I really wanted the 240w but they don't come in the knuckle mount.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08XXB6654...p_imgToDp&th=1

5k effective lumens and lasts forever. Have a spud mount added.

https://www.imtra.com/products/light...=Deck+Lighting
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Quote Originally Posted by Boatsb View Post
    5k effective lumens and lasts forever. Have a spud mount added.https://www.imtra.com/products/light...=Deck+Lighting
    Fair enough, I’m not in a position to spend $1200 on spreader lights that’ll take a month to get

These are bigger than I expected but not an issue if they perform

Need some guidance.....my mounts are on the aft side of the tower floor. The wiring looks pretty suspect about 1" to 1.5" inside the mounts. I'm assuming the wiring runs inside the tower floor and down the tubing on the front of the bridge?? Has anyone replaced there's by removing a tower floor panel to know if the wiring is secured under there or where the 2 sides join? I'd like to replace from the mounts to the most accessible spot but not sure that's possible
    Last edited by ageless; 06-23-2022 at 09:46 AM.

Tower floor and yes the breaker is off and those wires have been covered and secured
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by ageless View Post
    Tower floor and yes the breaker is off and those wires have been covered and secured
    Sorry I can't add because I need to do this, yet. I'm not even sure how you'll remove those underside tower deck panels. How will you get a ladder there without tearing the fabric on the top below??

Anyway, please take a pic or two if you can because I'm watching in earnest. The job itself isn't much...it's the precarious access. Last trip up there, I took that middle outrigger off because birds kept sitting on it and pooping all over the cockpit.
    Last edited by JuiceClark; 06-23-2022 at 11:24 AM.
    At the mouth of the Caloosahatchee
    1984 52C