Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

LED Spreader Lights Sought

Having a bit of bother locating new spreader lights for Aslan. The issue is matching the existing mounts. New lights should be 120VAC.
    IMG_1063.jpg
    The SS collar is 1" ID to the tower supports and 3/4" ID where the light stem is inserted.

Not sure why I'm having difficulty locating a suitable replacement. Maybe a member of the Hatteras braintrust can offer some guidance.

I wish you all a Merry Christmas and/or other applicable celebratory wishes of joy and peace.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

Re: LED Spreader Lights Sought

Not sure if this will help but I purchased a lot of light bulbs (AC and DC) from SuperBrightLEDs.com.

So are you looking to change out the fixture?

Just curious why not keep the fixture and change out the bulb or modify the internal wiring for you new bulb. Or you just want a whole new fixture?

Jon
    Last edited by jrbrein; 12-21-2019 at 10:30 AM.
    Jonathan Brein
    1982 43' DCFB #550
    "Paragon"
    Chesapeake, Virginia

Quote Originally Posted by jrbrein View Post
    Not sure if this will help but I purchased a lot of light bulbs (AC and DC) from SuperBrightLEDs.com.

So are you looking to change out the fixture?

Just curious why not keep the fixture and change out the bulb or modify the internal wiring for you new bulb.

Jon
    Why? Evidently, because I haven't thought through it completely.

IMG_1064.jpg
    This is what I have (118mm length). So, thanks. I'll search for something like this in LED.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

I’ve been on the same search. I haven’t found and LED’s that put out as much light as my 500 watt halogens.
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present

I sell some of these to the serious fishermen.

https://www.imtra.com/offshore-series.htm

The smaller ones ( 5 element 4k lumens) is DC only. Some are available in either ac or dc and the real big ones are ac only.

Built like a shick brit house.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

these are what I replaced my halogens with. Two years in and they've been great. You would just need to find a 3/4 to 1/2" reducer
    '88 55'C hull 394 ​BEATs Therapy
    12-71 TA's ZF BW190 1.5:1 gears

Lithonia Lighting OFL in White should be a direct replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by ageless View Post
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

these are what I replaced my halogens with. Two years in and they've been great. You would just need to find a 3/4 to 1/2" reducer
    Are these bright enough? 45watt? From what I’ve seen it looks like 100w led= 300w halogen and 150w halogen
    I bought a couple 45w leds to replace 300w halogen at my house and they’re no where near as bright.
    BTW if your searching that mount is caked a knuckle mount. Typicality would be into 1/2” or 3/4 electrical conduit. It’s NPT pipe thread but not tapered.
    Last edited by rsmith; 12-22-2019 at 08:59 AM.
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present

Quote Originally Posted by rsmith View Post
    Are these bright enough? 45watt? From what I’ve seen it looks like 100w led= 300w halogen and 150w halogen
    I bought a couple 45w leds to replace 300w halogen at my house and they’re no where near as bright.
    BTW if your searching that mount is caked a knuckle mount. Typicality would be into 1/2” or 3/4 electrical conduit. It’s NPT pipe thread but not tapered.
    Mine are mounted on the bridge hard top and there's more than adequate light to rig lures in the pit when headed to the grounds. If anyone posts interest I'll take some pics
    '88 55'C hull 394 ​BEATs Therapy
    12-71 TA's ZF BW190 1.5:1 gears

Robert,
    I have the identical spreader lights on my 50c. I replaced mine as the old ones burnt out but they were looking crappy too. I found exact replacements on Amazon for under $20 ea. One was broken a few weeks ago by the guys shrink wrapping the boat so I'm in the market and would love to find LEDs. I see the ones posted here are only 45w, have you found a better LED Knuckle mount? I was also looking into molded fiberglass bezels for a more modern look but space is limited aft of the hard top support. Maybe a smaller LED would work. Please post anything you've found.
    Thanks!