Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Re: Source for Spray Rails

didn't yachtsman bill have someone make some molds for rails when he was doing the sub?

Quote Originally Posted by davidwigler View Post
    Any idea how much the fiberglass aft quarterfenders cost?
    If I recall they were somewhere around 4K installed (I may be wrong, lot has happened in the last couple years) the originals were soaked to the point that when I bumped a piling, water would squirt out of them. The product Broadus Rose @ Lookout Window Frames makes is Coosa board with multiple layers of glass and is installed in the existing factory holes with stainless studs and epoxy. I think from a strength standpoint these are a much sturdier design over stock and spreads any bump impact load across a much greater area.
    Capt' Hoop (Master 100 Ton/towing)
    1978- 58 MY “Amare La Vita”
    2001- 60C “Noah's Ark”
    1986 Scarab II “Summer Hummer”
    1979 Sleekcraft Aristocrat (jet) “She’s a squirter”

Quote Originally Posted by oldboat View Post
    didn't yachtsman bill have someone make some molds for rails when he was doing the sub?
    I'm pretty sure Tom Slane made those for Yachtsmanbill.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Right on the changeover from wood to glass. I replaced one rotten wood rail with a PVC temporary and got permanent ones from Tom. They are much sturdier. Holding up nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by davidwigler View Post
    Any idea how much the fiberglass aft quarterfenders cost?
    I just got a quote from Lookout Boat Windows of $4030 for the stock 13' ones. Mine are 15', so I would need to add about $620 to the base fee, so total of $4650 for the parts, plus install.
    riverrandy
    1975 64' MY Hull# 305
    Merritt Island, FL
    Cape Crossing Marina

Seems a bit high to me.

👍

I need a pair too if anyone comes up with a better alternative. Maybe they would discount two or more sets.
    1977 Hatteras 58' MY, Hull No. 304, 4-stateroom galley up model with 8V71TIs in Knoxville, Tennessee

I replaced my mahogany quarter rails with pvc extrusions from Barbour Plastics years ago. I did not paint them as they match the color of my hull almost perfectly. I think I used profile R1065 as it was the closest match to my rails. Larger Hats I assume the profile would be different/larger. Heres a link to there catalog: https://www.barbourmarine.com/docs/B...compressed.pdf And pic of my rails installedIMG_20150506_124310_541.jpg
    Chad
    1970 36C
    Catawba Island, OH