Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Interesting Battery Shopping Experience

I ordered four Crown 6CRV220 AGM GC2 batteries from Battery Warehouse in Frederick, MD. These batteries are made by Crown in their Fremont, Ohio plant and I settled on Battery Warehouse because they are a Crown dealer and I didn't have to pay additional freight.

I went up today to pick up the batteries and they were generically labeled with a Battery Warehouse sticker. No make, no model number, no country of origin. Not even a mention of 6 volt or AGM. The guy called them equivalent batteries. Then he said they were made by Crown. I refused the batteries. He said he would refund the price less a 15% restocking charge. I figured I could protest that later. Then he got the owner of the franchise on the phone. I talked to her and she claimed they were the exact batteries I ordered from Crown that came to them as black boxes and they put their stickers on. She gave me Crown's phone number to verify for myself. I talked to Jeff Warden at Crown in Ohio and he verified that they were indeed the batteries I ordered and that some places take them as black boxes and put their own labels on them. I asked him if they were the exact same battery or if they were made for Battery Warehouse to their specs and he verified that they were not made for Battery Warehouse and were the exact model number I ordered. So I took them. It still seems like a bad business practice on the part of Battery Warehouse not to let me know in advance that they would be generically rebranded.Crown 6CRV220.jpg
    Robert
    MANCHIONEAL
    1973 43DC #365
    Mattox Creek, VA

Re: Interesting Battery Shopping Experience

my battery supplier had rolls of stickers that the put on batteries as they were rolling out of the warehouse, depended on what brand you ordered on what sticker went on the battery. all of the batteries were from the same mfg.company
    Mis b' havin
    1972 58 yachtfish
    58yf352
    pass christian, ms.

I sell lots of high quality batteries and I dont get the black boxes ever.

It's a game. Warranty and support may not be what you paid for.

I don't play games and I don't play with suppliers who do.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

The house bank in my coach consists of 4-6V batteries. Brand is "World Wide". They have a website which pats themselves on the back to no end about how good they are. There is no information on models, specs or distribution. Zip, zero nada butkus. The ONLY thing I found on the batteries was a small T105-OE which leads me to believe they are stickered Trojans (which is a real brand). The dimensions and looks line up with their 105's. I'm not sure I understand this game.....
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay