Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Re: Prayers For Robby And Brenda

Quote Originally Posted by Boatsb View Post
    He probably has to see the boat in person for the claim. I had a customer drop a camera in lake Michigan and they sent a diver to recover it before they would pay the claim.
    I was being sarcastic. I never do that, so I’m sure it threw you.

I did get a few more details when I spoke to them. There was zero smoke in the cabin, and they did in fact escape through the bow hatch where they were subsequently rescued. The bridge collapsed onto the aft deck as they watched from the bow. Good thing it was a noisy fire as the smoke alarms wouldn’t have provided much if any warning with this one. Makes me think placing one or two on the bridge would be a good idea.
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Thought I would update things on this situation.

We have a nice, freshwater only 53MY under contract in MI, but this virus mess is making things difficult. Hull survey will happen next week, but unless the shelter in place order is lifted, it can't be splashed for about three weeks. At that time, we'll do an engine survey. Assuming all goes well, Robby and Brenda are planning to move up to the Cheboygan area and live on the boat until the first of October when we'll head south with it.

I will say they are very grateful to those who contributed to the cause and kept them in your prayers.
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Sounds like a happy ending in progress. Good luck!
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

Randy,
    If they do end up with that boat, you should encourage them to go to the North Channel. Its so close to Cheboygan and its considered some of the best cruising in the world with so many protected anchorages.

In fact, they should consider heading back south through the Trent-Severn, Erie, and East Coast. They could take their time and get down there by fall.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Sky, that sounds great, but it would be much further for them to take that route back to Biloxi. No doubt they should take advantage of that beautiful water up there this summer. Nobody knows how this virus deal will affect the scheduled lock closures on the Illinois, so who the heck knows what might happen.

It’s possible that I may encourage them to make a run for it in conjunction with me moving Dave’s boat, assuming we’re able to keep our current plan. We just have to clear the Illinois before the locks shut down on July 1... IF they shut down on July 1. If that gets delayed, it will most likely affect the October reopening.

One thing’s for sure, they can’t live on the boat up there in the winter, so it has to go south, one way or the other. We’ll just have to see how things play out.
    Last edited by Freeebird; 03-26-2020 at 12:05 AM.
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Thought I would update things while I’m sitting here. They got to see the boat for the first time yesterday, and they are extremely well pleased. Should be splashed in a few days for sea trial and engine survey, both of which are expected to be fine. At that time, they’ll move aboard and wait for yours truly.

Assuming everything goes well, I’ll be jumping off Dave’s 60MY in Racine and heading to Cheboygan to get Robby and Brenda’s 53MY headed south before the Illinois closes on July 1. Current plan is to get them to Green Turtle where I’ll drive home. They’ll take it from there back to Biloxi unless they decide something different.
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93