Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Re: Prayers For Robby And Brenda

Quote Originally Posted by davidwigler View Post
    Thanks to this thread my son and I discussed a fire plan and did a fire drill. The aft hatches hadn’t been opened in so long they were stuck.
    Ryan and I were spending the night on the 41 several years ago when I awoke from a dream that the boat was on fire, and there was no way out. I was assuring him things would be okay when I knew we were doomed.

It was so real and scared me so badly, I woke him up at 2AM and told him I had forgotten to do something at home. With that, we left the boat. The 41DC is a death trap from a master stateroom escape standpoint, and mine is even worse with a sofa atop the escape hatch which is accessed by crawling over the chest of drawers, up and out through the smallish lazarette and through that less than large hatch.
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Wow. You left the boat in the middle of the night? Damn, Bird, you WERE scared.

I suppose the good thing about a small boat is that you are always closer to the exit door or hatch. All of mine work and are fairly easy to get to. Easier if I were terrified.

Quote Originally Posted by rob71 View Post
    This thread is a good opportunity for all of us to think about fire safety.
    I went through my equipment and procedures in case of fire after the accident in Ca. on the diving boat.
    Rescuers were not able to even attempt to get passengers out due to the escape hatches being latched from the inside. :-/
    Kinda like a house.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

I'm not going to name names, but I just wanted to publicly thank a certain member who made a very generous contribution to helping Robby and Brenda back on their feet. It was appreciated more than you know. Should anyone else want to follow suit, I will be more than happy to provide contact information.

That being said, I spoke with them earlier this morning and was tasked with helping them find another boat. It would seem they may want to move into something larger and asked my thoughts on the 53MY. Robby saw one listed in Fort Pierce, but I'm afraid I was too fuzzy this morning to remember the name of it. I'll post it later in hopes that maybe someone will know the boat and/or can do a quick recon mission to eyeball it for them. I'll help them get their new home back home to Biloxi when the time comes, and life will go on, hopefully even better than before.

Meanwhile, if any of you know of any good 53MY's or similar boats for sale that are in nice shape, let me know. Thanks.
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Pics after the boat was refloated.
    Attached Images
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Maybe these won’t post sideways. There is a Go Fund Me account started by a relative if you would like to make a small donation. Larger donations would be best done directly to them.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/rob-amp-b...f+share-flow-1
    Attached Images
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

One more thought. For those who would rather sidestep GFM or even send them a card, their mailing address is:

Robby & Brenda Bendall
    PO Box 954
    Biloxi MS 39533
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Just a follow up. An adjustor from Geico showed up and confirmed the boat burned and is indeed a total loss.
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Quote Originally Posted by Freeebird View Post
    Just a follow up. An adjustor from Geico showed up and confirmed the boat burned and is indeed a total loss.
    If he had looked at the photos, he may have saved himself a trip.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

He probably has to see the boat in person for the claim. I had a customer drop a camera in lake Michigan and they sent a diver to recover it before they would pay the claim.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.