Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

NAUTIKFLOR teak flooring on a MY53 // Install

This project started back in May and never took those "finished" photos. As soon as June came around the family came aboard and those last 3 hatches didn't get completed. I'm hoping for April and giving up on '19 so here you go!

For those that are interested the Nautikflor is great. After putting down luxury vinyl plank (That is a thing, I didn't make it up), in my basement, I thought it would be great for the carpet replacement on-board. When down very nice, not to thick but had padding to cover up a bump or slight dip. After way over ordering edging found something that worked out nice. Glued it down on the original subfloor.

Next up are the steps to the galley. Let me know if anyone has a wood/finish recommend. I'm thinking Walnut with some graphics and CNC elements that get ridged in an anti-slip rubber caulking. And yes I did redo all the surfaces in granite. I know, I know, but we like it! Some day next season we will "finish up" and post better images. IMG_1422.jpgIMG_1415.jpgIMG_1093.jpg
    Aperture
    1977 53' MY Hull #492

Barnegat lighthouse, LBI NJ

Re: NAUTIKFLOR teak flooring on a MY53 // Install

I think it all looks great. Nautikflor is a lot of work, but it came out really well.

Quote Originally Posted by metama View Post
    This project started back in May and never took those "finished" photos. As soon as June came around the family came aboard and those last 3 hatches didn't get completed. I'm hoping for April and giving up on '19 so here you go!

For those that are interested the Nautikflor is great. After putting down luxury vinyl plank (That is a thing, I didn't make it up), in my basement, I thought it would be great for the carpet replacement on-board. When down very nice, not to thick but had padding to cover up a bump or slight dip. After way over ordering edging found something that worked out nice. Glued it down on the original subfloor.

Next up are the steps to the galley. Let me know if anyone has a wood/finish recommend. I'm thinking Walnut with some graphics and CNC elements that get ridged in an anti-slip rubber caulking. And yes I did redo all the surfaces in granite. I know, I know, but we like it! Some day next season we will "finish up" and post better images. Attachment 36522Attachment 36523Attachment 36524
    I used 5/4 bull nose Cherry, teak stain and a floor poly finish. Brushed stainless transition caps.
    Attached Images

That looks great! I really like the Nautikflor. I used in my my motorhome a couple of years ago. They say you can put it down with no glue, but I wasn't comfortable with that so I glued it down. Its actually pretty easy to cut and put down. Even curved edges, etc are easy to cut with a jig saw.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Looks great. I used the same color Nautikflor in my galley and have been pleased with it. Sky they told me only in residential applications can you NOT use glue. They strongly advise I used it on boat or anything that would move like an RV.

Quote Originally Posted by Briankinley2004 View Post
    Looks great. I used the same color Nautikflor in my galley and have been pleased with it. Sky they told me only in residential applications can you NOT use glue. They strongly advise I used it on boat or anything that would move like an RV.
    I spoke to the distributor, but it was a couple of years ago so maybe they realized that it was best to glue it.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Looks fantastic. Keep us in the loop as it wears. Let us know how you like it a year or so from now. I hear it wears like iron. Thanks for sharing.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California