Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Mobile To Sarasota 53MY

This old girl hasn’t been on a trip in over three years, but she’s purring like a... Cummins. Stopped at Destin and will be heading to Apalachicola in the morning. Figure those of you in colder climates may like to see a few pics.
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Re: Mobile To Sarasota 53MY

Any more pics or stories Randy?
    Dave & Trina
    Benedetto
    1989 60MY HATDK310
    Sturgeon Bay/Ft. Lauderdale

In keeping in true “Bird” tradition, he lost the genny on the first day out.
    Ang
    1980 58MY "Sanctuary"
    www.sanctuarycharteryacht.com

Well, nothing like getting the first glitch out of the way asap!
    Dave & Trina
    Benedetto
    1989 60MY HATDK310
    Sturgeon Bay/Ft. Lauderdale

Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    In keeping in true “Bird” tradition, he lost the genny on the first day out.
    Third day actually. Tried messing with it again this evening and have come to the conclusion the problem is between the tank and the Racor. Changed the secondary filter this evening, and even from a brief 15 second run, the Racor bowl was full of crap again. Crap as in big blobs of... shit (technical nautical term).

Engines are running great, and I just finished the nightly bowl drain and filter change. Made it to Steinhatchee today, and will be in Clearwater tomorrow. Perfect conditions crossing the GOM today.
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Quote Originally Posted by Sadey View Post
    Any more pics or stories Randy?
    Of course.

Pics are sort of a pain on here and still limited to three. They’re are always stories, but I’m too tired. Maybe on Monday when I’m back home.
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Okay, here’s a pretty one from this morning.
    Leaving Apalachicola.
    Attached Images
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Wasnt Penisis around to tell you how to fix the generator problem? Thats where a nice clean day tank comes into play. Good cleaned filtered fuel off the mains. Maybe a 30 gallon tank should get you well through a night of full house load. JMHO...
    yachtsmanWILLY

I used to think I knew everything until I found the experts HERE; Now I know I dont know SQUAT

www.flybridge.proboards.com
    Uncensored, no nonsense boating fun for adults

Boat had sat for over three years. New owner did all he could do by having the fuel polished and tanks cleaned. Even having the tanks topped off three times now, the fuel still looks like Hawaiian Punch with a tomato sauce mixer.

Manifolds were set for both engines to pull from the aft tank. I changed that before we topped off the tanks at Dog River. Scott (boatsb) said they may not have cleaned that generator line. It ran great, right up until it... stopped.
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

I thought we upped the photo quota to seven per post. Try again. If it isn't working I'll ask Doug about it.