Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Wanted - Eskimo Ice Maker or Similr

I am looking for an Dometic Eskimo Ice maker to make ice for my fish box. Salt water ice maker or other brand is fine too. Does not have to be running but does need to have all parts if parts are obsolete. Let me know what you have.
    1978 60C "Reel Action" Hull number 4 (304), 1986 36 Sedan "El Dorado" Hull Number 24 (324)

Re: Wanted - Eskimo Ice Maker or Similr

Check on The Hull Truth and also In the Bite, they pop up all the time on both sites. Also, make sure you get the voltage you need.
    CRICKET
    1966 HAT50C101
    Purchased 1985 12v71Ns
    Repowered 1989 with 8v92TI
    Repowered 2001 with 3406E

Thanks Cricket! I already posted an ad on THT but did not know about In The Bite. There is a new linsting ont here for one and I will contact the seller and see if we can make a deal. Thanks for your help!
    1978 60C "Reel Action" Hull number 4 (304), 1986 36 Sedan "El Dorado" Hull Number 24 (324)

Quote Originally Posted by Cricket View Post
    Check on The Hull Truth and also In the Bite, they pop up all the time on both sites. Also, make sure you get the voltage you need.
    Speaking of in the bite, that is probably the only magazine I actually enjoy reading every month. Seems like all the others are all fluff/ads, but man ITB has some great content/articles.
    SOUTHPAWS
    1986 52C Hull #391 8v92TI
    PENSACOLA, FL

Sixty, there has to be some used/rebuilt units around. maybe try calling some of the Eskimo dealers. Just called the guy that services our AC and Eskimo to see if he has any used or rebuilt units, none right now. He always talks about how so many the last few years don't want to wait for a repair and just buy a new unit instead so they can have it today, instead of in 2 days.
    CRICKET
    1966 HAT50C101
    Purchased 1985 12v71Ns

Thanks Cricket. I think I will be able to make a deal on the unit on in the bite. I spoke with the captain and the unit was rebuilt recently and then developed an oil leak on the auger shaft. I have excellent techs in Mexico that should be able to fix it up for very little $$. for the cost of new, I think I would wait for the rebuild, then again my boat is not a million dollar yacht

Quote Originally Posted by Cricket View Post
    Sixty, there has to be some used/rebuilt units around. maybe try calling some of the Eskimo dealers. Just called the guy that services our AC and Eskimo to see if he has any used or rebuilt units, none right now. He always talks about how so many the last few years don't want to wait for a repair and just buy a new unit instead so they can have it today, instead of in 2 days.

So I have a dilema, I can get the 600lb Eskimo ice machine for $2k and it needs a seal replaced & I will need to install a 220v breaker and run cables. I found a like new condition, refurbished IceSea 800lb unit that does salt or fresh water ice for $7500 (lists for $14k new). The unit runs on 115v which will work on my freezer plate circuit and comes with a short warranty from IceSea. A friend of mine has the IceSea unit and loves it.

Its a big price difference, but still a hard choice. What do you guys think?

Think the Icesea is a 2 piece system so you would have to deal with refrigerant lines from the compressor to the auger.
    I've heard C-Bea makes good products, a lot of custom builders use their stuff for chilled/freezer mezzanine boxes. Almost used them for our mezzanine but ended up with an outfit in NH for about half the $$$ and a friend drove the stuff to NJ.
    So, I like the idea of 220v for as much as possible but the seawater ice will preserve fish better than freshwater ice.
    Eskimo being 1 piece with pretty available parts is a plus.
    You could have almost 4 used/rebuilt Eskimos for $7500.....
    Hmmm, tough call.
    CRICKET
    1966 HAT50C101
    Purchased 1985 12v71Ns