Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Process With Photos of Removing Old 1976 36' Ethanol Exposed Tanks & New Member I

i had looked into new glass tanks when i did this (2006). insane is a good description of what the cost was.
    i also looked into moeller plastic tanks but at the time they didn't offer any tank large enough.
    aluminum is what i went with and the exterior is coated. i think it was powder coated but i would have to dig up the paperwork to verify what was used.
    everyone i know who went thru this, ended up with aluminum. for all the sportfisherman boats the back deck had to come out too..
    Jim

SALTY
    1973 38' AFT CABIN

Re: Process With Photos of Removing Old 1976 36' Ethanol Exposed Tanks & New Member I

Have a 1967 31C PO had an Aluminum tank installed, it appears to have been welded up in Hull.

Most aluminum tanks corrode from the inside out. Gas with ethanol is hydroscopic.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Hopefully one of the larger tank builders might already have drawings for the 36 from previous jobs.
    The only 2 I know about are SP Tanks in NJ and Florida Marine Tanks, have to be some others as well.
    CRICKET
    1966 HAT50C101
    Purchased 1985 12v71Ns
    Repowered 1989 with 8v92TI
    Repowered 2001 with 3406E