Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Re: I gotta ask, was I wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by SKYCHENEY View Post
    Just a nicely dressed recreational boater.
    I accept the compliment.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

Re: I gotta ask, was I wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by captainwjm View Post
    Now it makes sense; a commercial tow would have responded, and would have probably given you instructions on how to pass. That's because the commercial tow guys are real professionals.
    Tow boat US is commercial. The guy probably doesn’t care if he gets rocked around a little. Sure your responsible for your wake but but the liability is much higher for damage to structures on shore or vessels that can’t manuver to avoid it. A friend of mine got sued by a guest that fell on his boat. Case got dismissed because anyone who voluntarily puts themselves at risk on the water accepts the implied risk by doing so. I parafrased the courts decision but that was essentially it. I got my 6 pack when I turned 18 and have ran countless charters since mostly to the offshore NE canyons I’ve never been sued or had my license come in question. I’ve also been a member of the Coast Guard aux since I was 16. I don’t think these qualifications hold you to a higher standards like a CDL truck driver license would.
    As far as a dash cam it would need to be 360* and could be also used against you.
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present