Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Trend Marine Products Pilothouse Door

I’m in the process of “attempting” to change the rollers on above referenced aluminum doors (2003 75 CPMY). Does came off easily enough, but now I’m stuck... Has anyone been through this exercise? It “appears” that the bottom rail of door will need to be removed; seems excessive for routine maintenance.

If I do need to remove bottom rail, what’s plan “B” if all goes to hell and parts get boogered-up? Manufacture one off custom doors for specific opening?

Brett

Re: Trend Marine Products Pilothouse Door

Call SAMS and ask.

Mine are different, but had a vendor take them off and restore them last year without a hitch. plywood was up for 2 weeks, but I have varnish.
    Last edited by carolinacoast; 10-06-2019 at 06:48 AM. Reason: mistyped varnish
    Mal
    Miss Molly
    '85 53ED #750

Ben communicating with Sam’s. They’ve reached out to vendor with no luck...

Contact trend marine directly. I ordered an aft deck sliding door seal for the 84 Lazzara I run a few months ago, very responsive and quick shipping www.trendmarine.com
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

It was necessary to disassemble door to replace rollers; bottom style must be removed. Made more difficult by much 5200 within joint. While we’re at it, decided to paint doors as well.... While removing tape, nicked glass with knife, window shatters... ARRRGGGHHHHH
    Last edited by GCSI; 12-08-2019 at 09:01 AM.