Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

bimini-eez, or whatever they are called

My 36 Hatteras has an aft awning which starts near the aft margin of the flybridge deck. It is held up by two diagonal supports which run from the top of the cockpit coaming aft to the rear margin of the top frame. It is tensioned by two 1" stainless poles which begin at the actual edge of the cabin top and run to the aft margin of the awning frame. Those poles, which are each made of two pieces of stainless tubing, are tensioned by devices called Bimini-Eez, or something like that. They are essentially turnbuckles- each has a RH and LH thread- and when you turn them, they take up the slack and tension the awning. This arrangement has been very successful- as the fabric stretches, you turn them and it stays tight and looks good. Washing the fabric, which is Sunbrella, seems to shrink it a bit, but I can always turn these devices in the other direction and shorten the tensioning poles a bit.

The company which made them is out of business, evidently. Does anyone know of a pair of these devices, or a similar product made by anyone else? A friend saw mine and wanted to get some, but hasn't had any luck to date.

Re: bimini-eez, or whatever they are called

Prometheus
    1978 53' MY Hull #529
    Viera, FL

What a clever idea. Thanks for sharing.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

https://www.sailrite.com/

G
    ot part here to get old canvas back in action on my 31C.

Thanks to all, this is helpful.