Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dead Cats

Dead Cats

So much for 9 lives. This is my neighbors boat. 88 Tarrab the guy bought it new in 02 I think I’ve seen it move 5 times and 0 in the last 10 years. No idea why Boat US is towing it backwards. I figure it will be added to the collection of land crabs at Crackerboys Ft Pierce.
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present

Re: Dead Cats

Speaking of land crabs poor Ballerina still sitting in squalor after 15 years.
    Attached Images
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976

Quote Originally Posted by rsmith View Post
    So much for 9 lives. This is my neighbors boat. 88 Tarrab the guy bought it new in 02 I think I’ve seen it move 5 times and 0 in the last 10 years. No idea why Boat US is towing it backwards. I figure it will be added to the collection of land crabs at Crackerboys Ft Pierce.
    What an ugly beast.
    Eric
    41TC 1966 Hull #53 "Requisite"
    Kent Island, MD/Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Though she creaks - She holds"

Quote Originally Posted by SeaEric View Post
    What an ugly beast.
    Non boating people lol. His first boat was a huge Bluewater houseboat. His plans were to take it to the Bahamas’s I think they got 10 miles offshore and started taking on water and turned around. Sold the blue water and bought this thing in Argentina. I don’t think it did any better in the ocean. Cat was here for over a week trying to get the engines going and finally gave up. It ended up at Harbortown/Derector Ft P.

Endless Summer
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976

Use it or lose it. Especially true with boats. May not be cheaper but it’s way more fun to try and wear them out!

Nothing quite as fun !
    Fred
    31 Tiara Open
    "Escalation"

There's one on the left coast for north of 600 large...... Wonder if this one has the hot tub moulded into the foredeck......
    Last edited by oscarvan; 11-29-2019 at 12:10 PM.
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay