Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Merry Thanksgiving And Safe Travels To ...

All my Hatteras friends and acquaintances. Aslan headed to coordinates 32° 8.286' N 80° 48.715' W on Thursday for rendezvous with family. Since S.C. has just ranked #4 most dangerous driving state over thanksgiving holiday (despite no snow or ice), I’m taking the boat. M/V ASLAN, Out.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

Re: Merry Thanksgiving And Safe Travels To ...

Very interesting. Safe travels to you and everyone else from here. Where would I find this ranked list of most dangerous states for holiday travel? I want to see if NY is as bad as I think it is.

Quote Originally Posted by jim rosenthal View Post
    Very interesting. Safe travels to you and everyone else from here. Where would I find this ranked list of most dangerous states for holiday travel? I want to see if NY is as bad as I think it is.
    Beats me, Jim, on tonight’s local TV. Probably fake news. But we probably are in the top tier of unsafe boating states (present company excepted).
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

Safe Travels!! Sounds like a fantastic voyage!!
    SOUTHPAWS
    1986 52C Hull #391 8v92TI
    PENSACOLA, FL

Quote Originally Posted by jim rosenthal View Post
    Sorry, Jim. Maybe it’s time. https://www.live5news.com/2019/11/25...-thanksgiving/
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

Fair weather...following seas.. and Happy Thanksgiving!

Obviously I'm living in the wrong part of the world since taking the boat to my Thanksgiving dinner is totally out of the question... and I'm sure CT and New England is near that top of list of dangerous/poor driving for the holidays... why would the holidays be any different that the rest of the year....
    JD
    1976 58' LRC Hull #311
    "Miss Maggie"
    Riviera Dunes, FL

Quote Originally Posted by JD5652 View Post
    Fair weather...following seas.. and Happy Thanksgiving!Obviously I'm living in the wrong part of the world since taking the boat to my Thanksgiving dinner is totally out of the question... and I'm sure CT and New England is near that top of list of dangerous/poor driving for the holidays... why would the holidays be any different that the rest of the year....
    Traffic, screaming kids, dinner at weird Uncle Ed and Aunt Edna’s, minivans in the passing lane, alcohol, fruitcake and sea rays.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

Enjoy Robert. And it is fake news. They say the same thing out here about driving. Happy Thanksgiving.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Happy Thanksgiving Robert to you and your family and all our Hatteras friends!!

Jon
    Jonathan Brein
    1982 43' DCFB #550
    "Paragon"
    Chesapeake, Virginia

Merry Thanksgiving to you too, and let me be the first to say Happy Christmas!
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93