Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Boy are these things built

Enclosed is a picture of the shower pan from our forward head that I just fought to remove. That is solid fiberglass, not filler and is about 1 inch thick. The entire pan had to weigh about 100 pounds. Total overkill, but incredible quality also. John84B97EB2-F5EB-4FFB-AED3-2E582BF32A41.jpg
    Mahalo V
    1974 53 Motoryacht
    Hull Number 406
    San Diego, Ca. Ready 32 Nordic Tug, Brunswick Ga.

Re: Boy are these things built

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlett View Post
    Enclosed is a picture of the shower pan from our forward head that I just fought to remove. That is solid fiberglass, not filler and is about 1 inch thick. The entire pan had to weigh about 100 pounds. Total overkill, but incredible quality also. JohnAttachment 36183
    Maybe it WAS a structural shower pan.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

Quote Originally Posted by racclarkson@gmail.com View Post
    Maybe it WAS a structural shower pan.
    uh oh
    '88 55'C hull 394 ​BEATs Therapy
    12-71 TA's ZF BW190 1.5:1 gears

The original owner weighed 450 pounds. They probably didn’t tell you that when they sold you the boat. LOL
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

It was installed over the plywood floor that is in the rest of the forward cabin, no need for any structural construction. I guess the intern that made those pans was afraid to make it too light in weight so he overkilled the other way. I think if you put that pan on 2 blocks an elephant could stand on it and it would not break. John
    Mahalo V
    1974 53 Motoryacht
    Hull Number 406
    San Diego, Ca. Ready 32 Nordic Tug, Brunswick Ga.

Mines had almost two inches of heavy filler under the pans. Both thr master and the forward. They put up a fight but filler isn’t structural... there was no glass in there in came out in chunk.

Not an example of good craftsmanship...
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

The original owner weighed 450 pounds. They probably didn’t tell you that when they sold you the boat. LOL
    LOLLL... that's good