Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Cape Coral 58 LRC on the move.

I spotted the Floridan at the Labelle docks on the Caloosahatchee River Wednesday night. On her way to the east coast for several months of boat yard activity. I spoke to a not terribly well informed passenger who was the only person aboard at the time. Apparently she sold for $70 something. New owner is planning a full cosmetic refit. Source thought that it was going to the Mathews???? yard.
    IMG_1352.jpg
    Greg Harrington
    43 DCFB 1977 w/Cummins 903 M1 (340HP)
    Hull #454

Re: Cape Coral 58 LRC on the move.

Seventy something is not bad.... She's moving under her own power..... You could do engines if you had to, AC's, Genny and a host of other stuff, have an almost new boat, and still be ahead of the game. Good for him.
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

Clearly I missed something... 70K for a 58LRC? Was this boat a sinker?

Quote Originally Posted by jim rosenthal View Post
    Clearly I missed something... 70K for a 58LRC? Was this boat a sinker?
    No, best I can deduce this was the one that was listed on YW for the $94K "suggested" price for what i believe was a charity. Someone donated it apparently after it sat idle for quite a few years. I think it went to auction, not sure if that was live or silent. They were describing cleaning the fuel etc on the listing trying to get it running again. Apparently they, or someone did.
    Last edited by oscarvan; 11-23-2019 at 05:02 PM.
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

Well, they got a lot of boat for their money. They can afford to spend some serious bucks on it and not be underwater. So to speak LOL