Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

A/C raw water pump on '53MY

My A/C raw water pump is squealing more and more. I've purchased a direct replacement motor and pump but was wondering if anyone has any tips to removing the old one and putting the new one in place. When I went to take pictures last night I realized just how in-accessible the pump and motor are. (Not to mention I saw the level of rust and corrosion on the motor and I clearly have some cleaning to do in that bilge area .
    John Novotny
    1979 53 MY "Serenity" #567
    Baltimore, MD

Re: A/C raw water pump on '53MY

Location may have varied over the years. On mine it was under the AC rack, aft outboard corner. Impossible to reach. First time I had to work on the pump, I relocated it just inside the aft ER door. Easy access and since you can’t really get in thru there because of the exhaust it is perfect.

Easy hose routing.
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Re: A/C raw water pump on '53MY

Mine is not quite under the rack but is partially hidden by the exhaust tube. It appears I can get to the forward mounting bolts(lag?) but getting to the aft ones is going to require Stretch Armstrong it seems. Yuk
    John Novotny
    1979 53 MY "Serenity" #567
    Baltimore, MD